hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Call of Duty is far from total realism. In my opinion, the iron sights do make it fun, because you have to really know what you are doing to get an accurate shot. If you had played Call of Duty long enough, you would have seen that it is very possible to get precise shots in. And that leads to another argument; changing the sights wouldn't mean that the game went overboard for realism; the sights are a minor change. If you want to convince people of your opinions, go talk to the people who want to add a driver and gunner position to tanks, or the people who want those changes that would tranform FH into WWII online. Yeah, go talk to them...

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

Listen guys batlefield 1942 HAS it's own limits some things you can do but others you can't. Now i think that iron sights would be a great addition it's been discussed many times and i think it was undecided to put them in.About removing the crosshairs i think you should'nt remove them just position the crosshairs so that if you aimed with them you wouldn't be too accurate. The reason cod blows you all away is because it is a NEW game and it is only single player so far you can't command planes,tanks or anything like that.They have room for eye candy because your cpu doesn't have to worry about the position of all the vehicles and all that stuff. I know you guys expect alot from FH i know i do. But i expect realistic goals such as lots of new weapons and vehicles and maps. I know how hard it is to mod bf i have tried and failed.Really guys some things can and can't be done and iron sights can. I hope iron sights are implemented in further patches the only problem is that with all the new weapons they have to make custom iron sights for each of them. While i'm at it i really think that more people should view and post in help and support and bugs. So many questions can be answered but nobody bothers. I know you guys aren't griping but i'm posting it for the people who will read it that are. FH needs more maps with the new b-17 too! Over and out. Just give em some time.

liblap

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago
I know you guys expect alot from FH i know i do

:) yeah FH is the best battlefield mod ever...(to me)a nd that's why i proposed that (which for me wold make this mod more better)

iron sight should be very accurate ! :deal: but if the majority doesn t agree with my idea...i would understand it very well (and still make headshots from 500 m :cool: ) what about a vote ? (if has not done yet) :nodding:

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago
GamthenI hope iron sights are implemented in further patches the only problem is that with all the new weapons they have to make custom iron sights for each of them.

If the guns are modelled properly then they should already have sights on them, and in that case, the only thing that should need to be done to implement iron sights is for the soldier camera to be moved when secondary fire is pressed.

The team must be thinking about it, because the gunner position on the Stug implements iron sights.

But about your whole post in general, I totally agree!

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

what is this like the 20th person who suggested this shut the hell up about it already fh doesnt need iron sight jesus christ

Muddy S

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

On the point it would be hard to hit someone with iron sights because of lag, this is more of a good thing than a bad thing as at the moment it is far to easy to get killed. DC implimented bullet drop which could be compaired to iron sights as it makes it hard if not harder to hit anything. Perosonally bullet drop didn't take me long to get to grips with and i can still pull off headshots across the map, provided they stand still :P If iron sights were implimented however i would fell it necassary to limit the mobility of your character in terms of strafing as it would be neigh on impossible to hit someone dancing, prancing and twirling towards you instead of taking cover and shooting you as would really happen.