Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']1 shot kills for torso+head, near death when hit in limbs, like it is now, is fine! It's realism, most people either die or need medical attention when hit by a bullet, whatever caliber. I believe this has been discussed before.

Well, try using a Nambu and tell me again how it's realistic. The guns can't be a double standard. The rifles are ok right now, except for their insane accuracy and no damage decrease over distance. The SMGs and pistols, both of which ARE firearms, are incredibly weak and do nothing to a target with one shot. This needs changed.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

All the infantry weapons are pretty much perfect in .6

Rifles: Exell in long range combat. suck ballocks in cqb. (semi's arnt as bad, they have better rof)

SMGs: Exell in cqb. good for medium ranges (gotta shoot in bursts though). sucks for long range. Smg works much better if you crouch and aim (no more quake3 style kills)

LMGs: Exells at providing covering fire, and defending location. sucks for everything else. effective at all ranges.

Pistols: Great as a last resort weapon, and makes a decent cqb gun in a pinch (i use it instead of a rifle for house fighting). Sucks for long and medium ranges. only weapon thats kinda accurate on the run.

(exept the nambu... it just blows)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

The only thing that angers me about carrying the Nambu is there is no secondary attack to pistol whip the guy once you run out of ammo trying to kill him.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

Knife doesnt kill people in one. Ive sliced twice before I got a kill.

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

FH's claim to fame is the damage system, the one hit kills are what attract many people to this mod. If it were changed, we'd be playing vanilla BF with a different name. To the topic of weapon's power, I think that the power levels are fine and the only problem is that the rifles to too accurate, I believe this is addressed in 0.6 Pistols are weird, I've taken people down at pretty long ranges before (with a Colt or No.2), but I agree that the Nambu is utter crap. When my friend and I were screwing around, I tried to get him to shoot me (so he'd get a 2 minutes spawn time), so I kept shooting him in the foot and he told me that he barely lost a block of health. I mean...a slingshot would do more damage than the Nambu

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago
RandomChurchKnife doesnt kill people in one. Ive sliced twice before I got a kill.

... hm, I don't recall seeing you in the beta server.

cheesemancrusader

GF best viewed w/ pants off

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

atleast rifles are actually useful in this mod, instead of 3 second wait until you can fire again

zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

mmmm...it's better then shooting some-one and see him walk away as if nothing happened

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

Ok, maybe 1-shot kills are ok for rifles. and stationary LMGs. But not with weapons like the BAR or Bren. They should be 2-shot kills, and the SMGs 3-shot kills...

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

i think Mg42 and that other german one shouldbe 2 shot kill also other wise it will get so boring and unbalanced...