Tsuruchi Brian

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago

Ok 2 points I'd like to make (or remake) 1: The question is not whether enemy vehicles were captured or used during battle. The question is whether enemy vehicles were captured and used in the SAME battle they were captured in. I have no problem with painting schwastikas on shermans and having it be an axis tank for a particular map. In fact I think it would be really cool. Also I have no problem with poeple being able to use enemy small arms (although I think it would be cool if you could not get new ammo from depots, or better yet that you could only get axis ammo from axis spawns, and ally ammo from ally spawns. that way it would be beneficial sometimes for people to steal enemy weapons when they are far behind enemy lines) Also I think anyone should be able to use enemy cars/trucks AA and artilary guns. Seeing as how those should be more simple to operate. 2: I really don't think it'll make capping impossible. It'll definately make it harder to cap, but is that a bad thing? I think it will more greatly emphasize team work over individual skill. It means that you will need some armor AND infantry to go and cap a point. Or some infantry and some engineers and bazookas to kill the vehicles at the spawns. I think this will be a much more realistic and fun alternative to having the current state of the game where one guy can parachute into your spawn directly into a tiger and blow everyone up from behind and cap the spawn by himself. And also, it's not like you will have to continually destroy enemy vehicles. As soon as the flag turns gray, no more will spawn. All you need is one tank, and you can wipe out every empty vehicle at a spawn pretty quickly. Of course you will need other people watching your back....but that's teamwork :) here's an idea, maybe they could give engineers (or other classes too) a bunch of satchel charges for destroying only empty enemy vehicles. That way people (douchebags) wouldn't be able to destroy they're own empty vehicles.

ifixphns

VMA-121 U.S.M.C. WOLF RAIDERS

50 XP

20th January 2004

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

In response to your point #1, that's EXACTLY what i've been trying to find. Aren't too many battlefield accounts of this on web as of yet, at least in a language I can read. After reading all I have about the heroic deeds done by all factions of the War, I can only imagine IT DID happen. But until I can find proof......I'll have to remain a sceptic.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

Wow you raised the thread.. eh ..dead..

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

another one! omg....let the dead rest in peace.

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

i actually agree, the average gi didnt know how to hop in a tiger and blast crap away instantly, maybe the engineers coudl use the wrench on an enemy unmaned vehical to 'convert' it to friendly? kinda like repairing but you have to 'convert' a vehical so much before you can use it, maybe make it disappear and a 'converted' vehical w/ all the markings ect.?

Spears

2nd SS-Panzer Division

50 XP

18th February 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

There is a way seeing that the XWW2 mod did it, I rather likes not getting in tigers as an American, because a normal soldier in the heat of battle wouldn't be able to get in a tiger and drive it off. :) But it wouldnt really be a big deal anyways shermans blow of the PanZer!

Dios

Cannon Fodder

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

291 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

I couldn't tell for sure about the Allies, but I know that Germans used a lot of captured equipment, from weapons like PPShs, Belgian Brownings,Tokarevs, etc. to a whole group of the 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" that was formed only by captured T34s.