humantycoon

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have to say im really impressed with .6. My favorite levels would have to be stalingrad and omaha beach. One thing I would suggest about omaha beach though is that the allies should get more landing craft. They currently have only 2 and I think they should get 4 or 5 and spread out.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I totally agree. Not should they only get adittional LCDs but also a Battleship (or 2) for artillery support. I don´t see why the devs let them out. Maybe they didn´t want a retard to sink them and ruin the game. Still, if thats an issue, they could allways fix the ships to a pot like on The longest day...

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

It's frustrating when you're charging up the beach and constantly getting mowed down by MG42s, but the fact of the matter is that the allies usually win these games. Maybe if the ticket bleed was tilted a bit more towards the Axis advantage, the allies could get artillery and more landing crafts.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I love Omaha playing from either side. As allies you need to use teamplay and tactics to win. As Axis, you need to set up defensive plans well to win. It's challenging for both sides.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

As axis you have to hold your position and shot at everything that moves :D

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I´ve just come back from another 64 player match of Omaha. Allthough its wicked, there are still some things, that should be changes imho, to ensure an even more dramatic game-play. -First thing is that Allies only have 2 LCDs. Pro: You allways have full boat loads and regularly get to charge in a team. Con: Easyer pray for axis MG fire. Allso less dramatic in a way...just 2 landing boats... -95 % of Allied players charge either over the far left or far right side of the beach. This seems logical since your out of range of the 2 main bunkers, and have the highest chances to survive. Still, this isn´t really what the map should e like imho. I´d prefer it if you had to charge straight at the 2 main bunkers, and not try to sneak around them. I think the Assault shouldn´t just focus on 2 areas, but on the whole beach. Thats why I suggest narrowing it down slightly but for that removing 1 or 2 MG nests... -And Allied Naval support is a MUST for this map...

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I played Omaha last night on the SYN server and it was a good time. Although it was just 13 vs 13, it was still kick ass. The only thing I didn't like was...well...nothing. It was great. After I got past the initial frustration that is called an MG42 (I was american). Things were really kick ass. Charging up that hill while the Nebelwerfer sends rockets overhead making a sweet sound. Quite immersed I was.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I like nothing better than deploying an mg42 outside the rear, on top of the cliff bunker exit. The allies are that pleased at getting up the stairs and into the bunker that they throw caution to the wind and charge out the door.....which is where my MG42 is trained......sweet

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

the reason i see poeple getting mad because of the mg is becasue as soon as they hit the beach they just start running for the shingle, the obsticals are there for some cover stop and wait for the mg to start shooting at someone else in a nother direction and take off.

crab

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Dee-Jay I totally agree. Omaha is very good but once the allies start trying to sneak around back, it detracts from the gameplay so much. The next thing you know the allies have bases on either side of you b/c some solo player decides to sneak around, which is in no way coherent to how it happened in real life. Once players realize the advantage of this, they all start doing it and, at this point of the game's release, that is pretty much all they do. This is, in my opinion, a map defect. The allies should have to push and struggle to get the spawn points, not do it like this. To have that wide open field on the left with plenty of cover for a few allied soldiers is absurd. When making a map, never leave wide open areas completely obscure to the main battle. I say get rid of that whole left side of the map and stay focused on the center and right. Sure the allies are going to get their asses handed to them even more, but thats supposed to happen :) . I'm also still convinced the rifles are a bit too accurate and, although its still hard to take out MG-42s, you still find people camping the shore line with their rifles, waiting for the next guy to jump on the MG42. For some reason the rifles are exactly accurate when prone, but I'll start another topic for the rifle problem.