RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#51 16 years ago

No you definitely don't need naval support for the Allies. Most of the naval gunfire that took place, took place BEFORE troops landed on the beaches. Battleships werent blasting away at the gun emplacements as troops came ashore. That never happened, so people need to stop asking. Omaha was such a bitch to take because of all the things you guys are complaining about as an Axis advantage. Also because air and naval fire totally missed many of the frontline defenses at Omaha.

Allies win all the damn time on that map, and yet people still complain about Axis advantages. I'll quote Ambrose again "If the Axis was going to stop the Allied invasion of Fortress Europe it would've been at Omaha".

And MGs are easy to use, just don't fire off 450 shots without stopping. Burt fire helps a lot, I can get around ten guys at least when I do that.

Adding background sounds, especially from SPR is a terrible idea. They had that on a DoD omaha beach map and it gets really old really fast.

Narrowing the beach isn't that terrible of an idea, but it's just going to make it easier on the Germans.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#52 16 years ago

well, narrowing the beach and maybe providing the Allies with one or two sniper kits might work. Combined against the single Axis sniper kit, I'd say it'd be reasonably balanced, IF the following were done.

Adjusting the accuracy of the rifles. While they're certainly not as FAST at getting accurate, they still fire like laser beams since they all have crosshairs which close completely. The unscoped garand should not be capable of use as a sniper rifle, and neither should an unscoped K98. Currently, the Allies can effectively snipe without sniper kits and that's part of your problem.

MGs are useful, but only for a limited number of bursts, once the Allies get onto the beach. The Garand, BAR, and the M2 on the landing crafts can be used in suppressive fire roles, but shouldn't be anywhere NEAR as useful for picking off the MG gunners as they are currently.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#53 16 years ago

I wrote a 14 page essay on Omaha Beach a year ago, and I know what went on during the landing. And obviusly the naval barrage wasn´t going on during the actual invasion, but I still think it would add to the actual GAME-PLAY to have Naval support for the Allied forces. 2 reasons would be:-Naval support might force more Axis players into the trenches and bunkers where they belong. -More artillery barrage sounds, would definatly boost the map. Its just so ****ing quiet at the moment...

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#54 16 years ago
BAMmeuallies should get 1 spring field sniper ...

I can take out a gunner with a thomson all the way at the middle of the beach with my 1 shot technique hehe

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#55 16 years ago

i killed some gunners with my M1 Carbine :) its a good weapon ..

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#56 16 years ago

Well, I thought it better to dig up this thread than starting a new one. Well, additioanly to the suggestions above, I think this map needs all Sniper kits removed. The stationary MGs are hell enough dispite beeing picked off by some lame sniper. But my actual reason for digging up this thread is following: Could the devs please set the MGs spawntime very high (talking 10 min. +) so you can effectivly take out these things. So, once a team has breached the Bunkers, they should try to destroy the stationary MGs inside making life easyer for the following attacks. This might also encourage Axis enginners to reapir the MGs more often. This might also make the map a little less frustrating and add a bit more tactics, since everyone will try to destroy the MG positions asap.