Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ok,I know you get this alot but the mod is really laggy on certain maps like berlin outskirts(but good!). It's not just me either,people in those maps always say it's laggy and even with sounds disabled it is quite slow. Is there anyway to do what DC did and release an optimization patch?

Borussia Long_po

Wooly_Bully

50 XP

27th February 2004

0 Uploads

188 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

The reason dc runs so well is cause almost all the maps on that mod are tree-less and trees are a big factor in lag most of the time.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
Borussia Long_poThe reason dc runs so well is cause almost all the maps on that mod are tree-less and trees are a big factor in lag most of the time.

Your probably right. Most maps in DC are Desert maps, and so are relativly easy to cope with for your PC. However most FH maps are based in Europe and need lots of flags and doodadas to look pretty. Anyway, 0.6 was kind of ment to be an optimisation...

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

well it must be my system. Some days,it runs perfectly. I was playing prokhorovka the other day on high settings with 50 people and no lag.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Ok. I'm running a Old-school Dell. I have a 1.8ghz processor (I think), 256 ram, a ATI radeon 9200 videocard. And I can run most maps pretty good. The only ones I've found trouble on are prohovka or whatever and outskirts like previously stated. I know what you mean by some days it runs good and somedays it doesnt. I've found the best thing to do before playing FH is to restart. Once restarted close all programs but systray and explorer (ctrl - alt - dlt). If you do that and dont open any programs before you start up BF, you should enjoy a pretty much lag free enviroment.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Client lag in .6 seems really hit-and-miss. A couple days ago, I connected to Wolf--Fall Weiss, I think was playing--and everything was fine. Then the server dropped me, and upon reconnect it was choppy as hell: it'd stall about once every second. Not packet-loss lag, it was just very stuttery. So I shut down FH, reloaded (same map) and everything was fine. Go figure.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Porokovarakakakaka and breakthrough lag for me most of the time. Im getting 1gig o ram (i have 512 now) in a month or so, and I just cleaned up my hardrives (that did WONDERS).

Have a few gigs free on your HDs and your computer can process much better.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

well on breakthour lags a bit for me and i get like 50 fps on it i have 3.2ghz HT 1 gig ram ATI radeon 9800 256 mb .... so i think its most cuse of the engine lag

DarkCanuck420

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

IT LAGGS! I hope they move over the BFV B/C BF1942 engine is pretty bad. its very frustrating when playing organized games (like bfe) and things get out of control, i have more then recommende reqs. and my setting are sadly low yet it makes no diff...

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

how is moving to bfv which has HIGHER system requirments going to help