Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I love when you're shooting the guns on the P34 and the screen is all shaky and stuff. It's a cool effect. Think that could be put onto all the other fighters? I doubt a bomber would shake from some MG fire. Is it not there for a reason or something? Just wondering.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

It would be nice on alot of things, such as a tank driveing by

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
McGibsIt would be nice on alot of things, such as a tank driveing by

That would be sweet. Along with making their movement sounds much louder. Anything to make tanks much more imposing and threatening, like they really were, is a plus.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
General TaskeenThat would be sweet. Along with making their movement sounds much louder. Anything to make tanks much more imposing and threatening, like they really were, is a plus.

They do kinda sound tinny and weak, and the physics model they have makes them look a lot lighter than they were. That would definately be a cool effect.

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

What the hell is a P34?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

TM-50261-P34-1sml.jpg

According to google it's this thing! TM-50261-P34.

Geeze, dont u know anything?

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

No, I'm not a WWII P47 Thunderbolt pilot but it didn't vibrate like that, anecdotal gun camera film shows that. In any case this vibration is harmonic which would eventually cause catastrophic failure of the aircraft skin and structure due to chronic fatigue.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Ah, but the P47 had 6 50.cal MG's so it did shake!

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
FryaDuckIn any case this vibration is harmonic which would eventually cause catastrophic failure of the aircraft skin and structure due to chronic fatigue.

Guess you mean resonance vibration and it is different from chronic fatigue.

Ever fired a 50.cal MG ? Let me tell you it shakes , let alone firing 6 together.

Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

It shakes but six .50 cals firing in phase*) don't shake the plane very much. Except maybe for the fact that they decellerate the plane a tiny bit. (unlike the A-10 "Warthog" Thunderbolt which is being decellerated a LOT when it fires it's uranium-depleted 0.43kg rounds at 4,200 rounds per minute, which still doesn't shake the plane because of the high rate of cyclic fire) http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/a-10/

The cannons are most likely positioned in the same plane as the center of gravity of the P47 which prevents negative effects on flying performance.

*) In phase here means that if two cannons fire, the other four are not. I think it works a bit like this: Two cannons fire, two unload the empty bullet casing, two load a bullet into the chamber. Therefor there are only two cannons firing at the same time, making the backwards force considerably less than 6 firing cannons.