antigear

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

These tanks seem to be way too powerful, especially vs. the T-34. I fired at it several times in a T-34, and it didn't even start smoking, and it hit me once and I exploded. Another time, I was in a T-34/85, and again, a Panzer IV scored one hit to my frontal armor and the whole tank exploded instantly. Wasn't the Panzer considered to be greatly inferior to the T-34? Also, in a separate situation, I fired several (at least 5) bazooka shots (I was near an ammo crate) at a Panzer, all of them registering as hits, but it didn't even start smoking. Is it supposed to be this powerful or is it a bug?

Tiger G.I.Joe

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago
antigearThese tanks seem to be way too powerful, especially vs. the T-34. I fired at it several times in a T-34, and it didn't even start smoking, and it hit me once and I exploded. Another time, I was in a T-34/85, and again, a Panzer IV scored one hit to my frontal armor and the whole tank exploded instantly. Wasn't the Panzer considered to be greatly inferior to the T-34? Also, in a separate situation, I fired several (at least 5) bazooka shots (I was near an ammo crate) at a Panzer, all of them registering as hits, but it didn't even start smoking. Is it supposed to be this powerful or is it a bug?

Try to shot at the PanzerIV/PzkpfwIVH side/rear turret: it will be a nice KABOOM, expecially with T34-85........it was its real weak point. Try to shot everywhere on tank before say that is invincible. It's a question of aiming and discipline.

Wehrmacht Rulz

I post to get attention

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Do like me, hit the back of the tank and it will blow in 1 hit, may be just not on the tiger but on almost every tank it will blow in 1 hit.

antigear

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
Tiger G.I.JoeTry to shot at the PanzerIV/PzkpfwIVH side/rear turret: it will be a nice KABOOM, expecially with T34-85........it was its real weak point. Try to shot everywhere on tank before say that is invincible. It's a question of aiming and discipline.

But the Panzer doesn't have to aim; it kills everything in one hit, and it shouldn't. If it hits a T-34 anywhere, it's dead (even in the front, where its armor should be significantly stronger than anywhere on the Panzer IV), whereas the Panzer itself is only vulnerable in certain locations. The Panzer wasn't all that great a tank in reality and it shouldn't be that great in the game.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
antigearBut the Panzer doesn't have to aim; it kills everything in one hit, and it shouldn't. If it hits a T-34 anywhere, it's dead (even in the front, where its armor should be significantly stronger than anywhere on the Panzer IV), whereas the Panzer itself is only vulnerable in certain locations. The Panzer wasn't all that great a tank in reality and it shouldn't be that great in the game.

Your sure? maybe the other tank pilot aimed correctly.

Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

The Panzer IV is most certainly skewed. The T-34/85 should be able to penetrate the front hull of a Panzer IVH at ranges out to 1000m. A side or rear hit should be a virtual instant kill. The T-34/76 should penetrate the front hull of the PanzerIVD-F models as well.

That said, the excellent 75mm L/48 on the Panzer IVH would have an excellent chance of defeating the front hull armour on the T-34/85/76 at any range and would have an easy kill on the sides or rear at virtually any range.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

The panzer 4 armour bug is a know issue, it will be fixed in the next patch...

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

The PanzerIVHs body armour got spoiled... go for a hit on the turret, that one has correct armour strength.