Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

The PanzerII 20mm cannon sound is really bad. It dosen't sound like a cannon at all, more like a maraca. The No.2 is the same.

The PanzerII cannon needs a new sound IMO, and the No.2 Pistol does as well.

The PanzerII 20mm cannon could also use an AA-like system where the projectiles aren't rendered. This will save a tiny bit of FPS, and it isn't really necessary. When the projectiles hit, there should be a larger explosion sprite then the "small machinegun" hit, and a limited amount of splash damage.

Also, the No.2 should fire faster. It is the worst pistol right now, it lost a lot of power from .5 and it fires really slowly.

Just some balance and ambiance suggestions.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

yea the P2 s shoots shouldnt be visible it looks strange and to me it sounds liek the No2 and P2 soudnds are the same (lol)

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

They should also tweak the Airsaka sound .. Sounds like a pop gun

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I dont like alot of handweapon sounds. They sound like staticy crap.

Ohioan

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Arisaka sounds pretty cool actually.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

yea i think it soudns cool to ..

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

it souns as though half the sound is missing. hear closely and it makes an adrupt stop, not like the other rifles in FH, or real life for that matter.

oh and I love the PzrII, cept the noice is crappy. sound like someone throwing pins at a sheet of aluminium.

Ohioan

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

PzII could be great if it worked like XWW2's PanzerII. Right now it's kinda fruity and impotent. Slow turret, explosive gun rounds.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

The big problem that people have with the PII is the fact that they use it in ways that it isn't designed for. The PII is a light, fast tank, excellent for recon and scouting, and good at killing infantry and light vehicles (APCs and other troop carriers). It is NOT a main battle tank or frontline killing machine. It is NOT a tank destroyer. If you want to get the most out of the PII, you have to use its strengths -- speed and maneuverability. Don't try to go head to head with, well, pretty much anything except jeeps and the like.

That said, on many of the maps, it seems like the devs are trying to shoehorn it into a primary tank role, rather than a scout tank role. Now, this may be because we don't have a PIII yet to fill that role, but don't go thinking the PII is the primary tank for offensive work. Unless you're talking about close infantry support or fast scouting and flanking, the PII is NOT the tank of choice.

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

You should not see the tank rounds fired out from the panzerII. The panzerII's gun was pretty high velocity. Little explosion sprites would be very cool. I think all Mgs in the game like mg34, should sound a lot more powerful. They all sound kinda wimpy except for the BAR and .50