NINJAFELONY

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hey guys, I was thinking of an idea if it was possible to convert the mines we currently have to [color=dimgray]AP Mines[/color] instead that is something "smaller" and instead effective against infantry/less on vehicles. What if we had a mine like the 'bouncing' betty to trap infantry? We don't have to make it 1shot 1kill but we sure can set it's damage to around 80% for infantry? and small damage to vehicles?

The other thing was [color=dimgray]colored smoke[/color] - not used to hiding YOUR position but instead calling for bombardment/setting arty target from air units and artillery on the designated area?

These are pretty unique items that can be deadly tools for those of us who like to play as infantry so it'd be a good idea if they spawned in the barracks or something in sets of 10 - :) pick up, get on a jeep, and fight! :moon:

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Don't you remember the AP mines in DC *shrugs*

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Yak, AP mines in DC were a mess. They were used as inpact granade instead of being mines. And campers would cover the whole spawn area with them, so once anyone spawns, they die immidiatelly, even if the camper was killed before that. And why would an exploding mine only do 80% of damage to you? Colored smoke: well... unless FH has some really really huge maps, where the bombers take off and then spend 30 minutes flying to thier destination, i doubt it will be useful. How are you gonna mark a tank with a gas column for a bomber to get it? You will throw the nade, and the tank will just move away. Arty? If used correctly, arty sits in the back base, pounding either the cloud positions, or using scout view. They won't see your smoke from the back base, and in scout view, they don't need any smoke.

CrazyGerman

Captain F****** Genius

50 XP

30th November 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Very good ideas, AP mines would only spawn in sets of 1 though so what HydraSlav said couldnt happen. Colored smoke would be a big bonus for me (im a pilot alot) to help point me into the right direction for helping infantry and victory as well.....

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

or they could make it so that there is a sort of third weapon that the pilot can drop to mark a target they see, or maybe it could be built into the bombs... dont know if its even possible, but it might be cool.

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
PanzerAceor they could make it so that there is a sort of third weapon that the pilot can drop to mark a target they see, or maybe it could be built into the bombs... dont know if its even possible, but it might be cool.

Hmmm ? ever tried the scout planes from the battleships ?Or the one from Adak Island at the southern flag ?

JW

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I think smoke would be very useful for pilots with the new flight codes. It's very very difficult to actually get a kill on the first pass (wich i generally call a spotting pass) you fly around until you see something on the ground, look at the map to get its exact position (adjust if its moveing) then fly out to the edge of the map, loop around, and come back for a straifing pass. With the smoke, it basicly removes the spotting pass (if the smoke is generally near the target) at lets the pilot go right on to straifing/bombing.

wich is another reason, if your on the ground and you see a plane fly overhead, you better get your ass into some cover, becuase its comin back in about 15 seconds with guns a blazing (especially if your in a tank)

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
McGibs With the smoke, it basicly removes the spotting pass (if the smoke is generally near the target) at lets the pilot go right on to straifing/bombing.

You said it: "IF the smoke is near the target". Even if we forget about the noobs and smacktards who will just throw smoke everywhere, think about the opposition's tanks. What tank commander, in a healthy state of mind, would stay in the same place when someone "marks" him with the smoke nade? Once someone is "marked", he will immidiatelly get as far as possible from that position, and the plane will do a straffing run on a smoke-marker, that marked the target that was there some time ago. So, this smoke markers will be very general, and you got the minimap that is more accurate. In real life, smoke-markers where used to mark enemy's entrenchments, fortifications or stationery-targets, not moving tanks. Every pilot knows where the enemy entrechments are and where the enemy bases are, even without the smoke.

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

What about u throw the smoke grenade just a couple of seconds before the plane approaches. Also u can use it to mark tanks which are hidden in a nice camping spot so your armor either spots them easily or they move and give up on their position. Signal smoke and covering smoke could be real fun to use imho, especially in larger battles.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Timing is nice, but on a public server noone can hear you scream