Rick James

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

They really suck, there even worse then unscoped rifles. even if im not moving and I shoot at an enemy thats not moving I still cant hit the guy. Today while not moving I tried to shoot a guy who was like 20 feet away and couldn't hit him! Is there some secret technique to using the sniper rifle that Im not aware of? Anyway I think the sniper rifles should be unsucked. There rare enough that they wont dominate the maps. I mean only 1 or 2 people per team is going to be using them at a time at a limited range vs players in tanks, cars, and planes. I also think the rifles could stand to be a little more accurate, I dont think the soldiers had to crouch and wait 5 seconds just to shoot anything. Think about it, these are trained soldiers who have had experience using their weapons... not 3 year olds.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

agreed.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

a sniper waits , and stays in areas where his enemy cant see him ,a sniper doent shoot on the move he lies and waits , so dont use the damn sniper rifle as a reg rifle example use of a reg rifle , running running see an enemy crouch or stand still fire , hit . the use of a sniper rifle wait wait see an enemy, fire >dead , see another enemy ,fire >dead if your using a sniper rifle like a regular rifle your screwed :)

but they fixed them scince .5

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Well I have mixed opinions on the sniper rifles.

Performance seems to be inconsistent for me at best. One day I can pop fifteen guys, easy. The next no matter what I do my rounds aren't hitting for some reason.

I remember one example was on Crete. I popped a few guys, three or four and continued to alter my position so as not to be found out. I was generally hitting the same couple guys cause they'd spawn again nearby at the beached ship. So I moved a significant distance away from that flag, knowing they knew I was out and about popping them. For some damn reason some guy was hitting me with an MG34 from WAAAAY out. I was wounded, hit the deck and see where he's shooting at me from. Take aim with my scope from a prone position, wait a few seconds, BOOM, miss. Aim again BOOM miss. I fired maybe ten or eleven shots, all misses, meanwhile his MG34 is hitting nearby me, hits me once or twice more and wounds me, and then kills me. I was pissed. So I don't know what the hell the problem is with sniper rifles because I have mixed results with their use.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

the problem is you dont know when the crosshair is "small" again. the scope view is a form of ironsight. you cant mixed ironsight with "cone of fire" crosshair which we cant see.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Sniper rifles are much better in 0.6 imo, but you have to wait a few secs before shooting.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
RandomChurchPerformance seems to be inconsistent for me at best. One day I can pop fifteen guys, easy. The next no matter what I do my rounds aren't hitting for some reason.

I have the exact same thing, with all rifles/mg's. One day I'm on a killing spree the next I don't hit crap.

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Isn't there sway to deal with in FH? I thought there was, and that would explain your problems hitting shots. Once you line them up watch the crosshairs as they float around, and wait to take the shot until you are sure the current motion of the sights will still be lined up with your victim before squeezing the shot off.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

the sway is just for looks, it has no real effect, if it did, EVERY one would take MGs, and MPs

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Same boat as Random and Violator... eitheir .61's sniper rifles require some "special touch" that I haven't found yet, or they're wholly sporadic and unreliable.