Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#41 14 years ago

The sniper rifles behave exactly like the normal rifles in everything other then min inaccuracity, you can use teh normal ones to get a feel that for.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#42 14 years ago
Major HartmannYou know what? You are an idiot. Am I missing something, or are you guys requesting more realism in one thread, and in the next one you request worse mgs on Omaha, or that bullshit you posted above. Every damn normal rifle has no trouble at all hitting someone on the move, because the devitation increase is very small if you don't move too fast. Going prone is not only not deadly for FH players, but an ultimate necessity. A sniper shouldn't try to storm with the other guys, but get into some sweet spot and pic mgunners and similar bad guys.

No one suggested that they do.

You gave deployable MG gunners pistols so they could defend themselves while relocating, why not snipers?

Dont get me wrong I'm not bitching about this because I never snipe anyways. But I think with the amount of people griping about it, there should be at least SOME consideration that perhaps something is broken.

You make realism to scale. We're saying that this isn't fitting the scale.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#43 14 years ago

I rarely see sniper kits being unused. That enough? (Sorry about the idiot)

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#44 14 years ago

I guess that's enough. I don't use them (just a matter of taste) but I rarely see anyone else doing that well with them, except on Charlie sector.

Btw, Stg44ZS rules. I have seen absolutely no problem with this weapon.

Comrade0Red

Za *TRA*, Za Kommunizma!

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

895 Posts

0 Threads

#45 14 years ago

Snipers in real life are almsot never used, and when used, usually only allowed to fore one shot per engagement. Because otherwise they're fried.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#46 14 years ago

Quote By Comrade0Red. Snipers in real life are almsot never used, and when used, usually only allowed to fore one shot per engagement. Because otherwise they're fried. Comrade, I hate to say it but you have no idea at all what a real sniper is used for.. the sniper is a extreamly valuable piece of military equipment, and I doupt you will find a battle front today that does not have profesional snipers on it. were did you come up with that particular statement. Snipers are used to disrupt rear movemnet of soldiers in their so called safe zone, they are called apon to take out prominent personell which may lead to communication breakdown, destruction of electrical communication equipment, provide a field of accurate fire for advancing forces. they also and this is probably one of the most valuable actions they proform - they kill enemy snipers. In the balkins US and British peace keeping forces used snipers. and I dont just mean some bloke sitting in a building taking pot shots. In Iraq I know for a fact that Britian & Australia had snipers deployed, with great effect. these men are trained to live off the land amongst the enemy, shooting is only a small part of what a sniper is about, by far the main focus is forward information consealment and survival in a hostile environment, and were needed the killing of enemy personell. anyway sorry guys for ranting, I know its only a game, but when someone makes a comment on real life, that is so far off the mark, then I had to say something. regards Rob. armysniperrifleb.jpgBritish Army snipers in action Basrra 2003, with the .338 calibre snipers rifle. this weapon can easily reach out to 1100m. BST_Image20.jpg 1st Bn The Parachute Regiment Sniper cadre 2001

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#47 14 years ago

My largest complaint is not with the firearm or code, but with the players using the rifle. I consider myself to be a pretty damn good sniper, hitting alomost anything as long as I can see it. However, it really pisses me off when some jackass first timer sees the kit, grabs it, and spends the rest of the map hiding nowhere waiting for some random guy to drive waaaay far out. Worse still is when you decided enough is enough, stand over him, and tell him to die or be killed. Then of course, he spends the rest of the day hunting you down and noobing you with a SMG...

Comrade0Red

Za *TRA*, Za Kommunizma!

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

895 Posts

0 Threads

#48 14 years ago
Daisuke Jigen

Lone Gunman

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

285 Posts

0 Threads

#49 14 years ago
'[11PzG USMA2010']My largest complaint is not with the firearm or code, but with the players using the rifle. I consider myself to be a pretty damn good sniper, hitting alomost anything as long as I can see it. However, it really pisses me off when some jackass first timer sees the kit, grabs it, and spends the rest of the map hiding nowhere waiting for some random guy to drive waaaay far out. Worse still is when you decided enough is enough, stand over him, and tell him to die or be killed. Then of course, he spends the rest of the day hunting you down and noobing you with a SMG...

Reminds me of that clown on Charlie Sector who killed me and took my sniper kit as I was going for more ammo...

I, too, think the issue is with the people using them, not the rifles themselves. Too many players just grab one, hide somewhere, and start popping off shots left and right, hitting nothing. If you wait for your aim to steady before firing, you'll hit a stationary target nearly every time.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#50 14 years ago

I wish sniping was like sniping in BG42, you really felt powerful then. Everything seemed "meatier"...