MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#61 14 years ago

Yep, us good sniper are rare. Im the, kill AA/AT to clear the way kind of sniper. Give us more ammo damnit!

How about this too: Two "different" weapons. At least for the 1903. One has a 4x or comperable scope, the other has a highpower 10-12x for really picking them off.

Skipster

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,068 Posts

0 Threads

#62 14 years ago
'[WOLF JChaser']Skip that was in Berut if I recall not Nam.

You're probably right, it was quite awhile ago I saw the documentary on him. I probably got it mixed up with the VC sniper who got one right down the scope from Carlos. (I always thought that was pure Hollywood when Tom Berenger did it :D)

=[27th]= Karl Korner

British Royal Marine Commando

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#63 14 years ago

i don't bother with the sniper rifle im better at machine guns and close combat also using a machine gun on a Commando Mission coz if you go on a commando raid with a rifle your gonna kinda be outgunned coz the enemy might have Machine Guns and probably the whole enemy army after you so i think its best to take a submachine gun and a few explosives and mines and probably a knife and pistol :) Sniper rifles on Fh are ok i don't use them alot i prefer using Machines of war like tanks or dirty fighting with a machine gun or a knife thats how i play some games im only good with a sniper rifle on Call Of Duty coz its similar to FH but better i don't care about the FH sniper rifle coz the mod is trying to make the game realistic so why complain not all Snipers in WW2 hit every time if any of you have watched Saving Private Ryan and theres that sniper guy called Jackson who gets killed near the end by a tank he snipes quite a few germans aims at one and misses coz the german dodged the bullet by dodging to the side and then gets shot in the neck so i think thats what FH are trying to tell you i think? anyway you can tell me to shut up if you if im blabbering on with nonsence lol :lol:

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#64 14 years ago

Don't they teach English in the UK anymore?

Gauntlet

Dead rather than Red!

50 XP

25th April 2004

0 Uploads

4,346 Posts

0 Threads

#65 14 years ago

lol...anyway...good thread with lots of good points, but my biggest concern is the lack of an CQ-weapon for the "snipers" (dont hate me Comrade0Red if I use it incorrectly). They should atleast get a pistol with a clip or two. I've read stories about snipers having an SMG with them if they were in urban areas. So, give the snipers a pistol.

Aviator

GF makes me horny

50 XP

3rd July 2004

0 Uploads

97 Posts

0 Threads

#66 14 years ago

SMG?! Maybe in modern era combat, but in WWII Thompsons and MP40s were pretty rare, enough to the point where giving someone a rifle and an SMG was completely out of the question.

Comrade0Red

Za *TRA*, Za Kommunizma!

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

895 Posts

0 Threads

#67 14 years ago

British paratroopers origionally had two thompsons with them. In real life snipers went with sub machine gunners. I think sniper rifles should just have crosshairs.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#68 14 years ago

The thing I don't like about sniper rifles in FH is seemingly how "unreliable" they can be. One day you could be sniping fifty people at a stretch, but another it seems like you can't hit anything, and when you do they don't die. I don't know how to describe it other than that.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#69 14 years ago

I wish the devs would just decrease the damage DEcrease over range, what is the use of having a rifle with a scope if you cant even really kill people with it unless they are so close that even a normal rifle will do.

And yes.. i know about the bullet drop, and no it doesnt help me to compensate because they still wont die.. Dont tell me a bullet in the head wont kill because its slow..