Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
in a close in gun fight, run out of ammo, throw down the weapon and Hands Hoch!!

Very rare situation, certainly in FH. You always have your knife to do the close combat fight, so in the end, someone dies.

If I were a coder I wouldn't bother coding all that in the mod. Too much trouble for too little gain, if at all gain.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

I think the idea has merit, and is workable given a re-work of the code (or a new objective-based game).

Perhaps (on maps with high ticket ratios), you can walk into the enemy camp with your hands up, and when some trigger-happy person shoots you, you're considered captured - meaning you can go off for a coffee while you're in Colditz..?

Include a prisoner count as well as a frag count. You lose frags for killing prisoners, but you gain say 3 victory points per prisoner taken. If you capture the entireity of the opposition, you win.

You'd also need a timer, once your time is up in prison, you've considered starved/tortured to death and can respawn.

BUT, too hard to work out, and considering some of the people I play with, not likely to be much use to either side.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

I think the idea has merit, and is workable given a re-work of the code (or a new objective-based game).

Perhaps (on maps with high ticket ratios), you can walk into the enemy camp with your hands up, and when some trigger-happy person shoots you, you're considered captured - meaning you can go off for a coffee while you're in Colditz..?

Include a prisoner count as well as a frag count. You lose frags for killing prisoners, but you gain say 3 victory points per prisoner taken. If you capture the entireity of the opposition, you win.

You'd also need a timer, once your time is up in prison, you've considered starved/tortured to death and can respawn.

BUT, too hard to work out, and considering some of the people I play with, not likely to be much use to either side.