teh bla grande

rico suave= teh win

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I read about prototype tank called the Ratte. It had the firepower of a ship and it weighted 2000 tons. It would be cool to see the tank in the mod, as it never got off the drawing board in real life. Anyway, tell me what you guys think. *edit whoops, forgot to post the link http://www.achtungpanzer.com/p1000.htm

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Well, the polite answer is no.

FH is a realism mod. And while there are SOME discrepencies, like the G0229 (although one example DID fly 3x and then crashed) vehicles and weapon systems are only those that were actually used.

I don't have a problem with something with low production numbers, though. But certainly not something that never made it off the drawing board.

I should mention, I also DO NOT have a problem with "WHAT IF" maps, like a 1945 Patton Goes to Moscow map or something. But only with the stuff they had.

teh bla grande

rico suave= teh win

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I don't really know how the developpers decide these things, but I got one that really excisted... http://www.achtungpanzer.com/pz7.htm#maus Always wanted to drive an uber-tank. It would have to be the ultimate weapon that would only respawn every 10 minutes.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The P1000/15000 "Ratte" has never been completed.

It should feature 2 x 280 naval guns, 1x 128mm, 8 x 20mm flak, 2 x 15 mm fla mg.

There was another type planned with 800 mm "Dora" railgun.

http://www.cix.co.uk/~nrobinson/railgun/Railwayguns/German/Dora%20index.htm

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/p1000.htm#1000

I also would like to see the "Maus", but people do not want it.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

If you think the Tiger II ausf B is a shell magnet drive that thing onto the battlefield, youll be screaming bloody murder as every single enemy tank, aircraft, a/t, and sapper makes a beeline straight for your vehicle and kills it in less than a minute.

The bigger the threat the more severe the response. Look what happens when a IS-2 or Tiger II rolls up "Tiger, Tiger, Tiger is coming!!!" and not long after the Tiger II is dead.

Even the Maus is not invincible, once the team rallies to kill it you wont be happy wiht the results. You would be better off in a lowly PzIV. No on econsideres it that much of a threat til catching a 75mm AP round from it.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Anlushac11If you think the Tiger II ausf B is a shell magnet drive that thing onto the battlefield, youll be screaming bloody murder as every single enemy tank, aircraft, a/t, and sapper makes a beeline straight for your vehicle and kills it in less than a minute.

The bigger the threat the more severe the response. Look what happens when a IS-2 or Tiger II rolls up "Tiger, Tiger, Tiger is coming!!!" and not long after the Tiger II is dead.

Even the Maus is not invincible, once the team rallies to kill it you wont be happy wiht the results. You would be better off in a lowly PzIV. No on econsideres it that much of a threat til catching a 75mm AP round from it.

Well you should not rely on a tiger only.

You always are in need of company.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
BlitzPig_MachineI should mention, I also DO NOT have a problem with "WHAT IF" maps, like a 1945 Patton Goes to Moscow map or something. But only with the stuff they had.

Yeah! Where do I enlist?! (Agree on this point, BTW)

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

go and play BF:1942:SWOWWII ;)

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

i dont think that damn tank would even fit on a map....

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
C38368Yeah! Where do I enlist?! (Agree on this point, BTW)

I also agree that maps like this would be fun, but WWII was such an epic war spanning so many regions and FH has only barely touched on the many battles of WWII. I think they should just continue on battles that actually happened.