stifler

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
BlitzPig_MachineWell, the polite answer is no. FH is a realism mod. And while there are SOME discrepencies, like the G0229 (although one example DID fly 3x and then crashed) vehicles and weapon systems are only those that were actually used. I don't have a problem with something with low production numbers, though. But certainly not something that never made it off the drawing board. I should mention, I also DO NOT have a problem with "WHAT IF" maps, like a 1945 Patton Goes to Moscow map or something. But only with the stuff they had.

i would like to do some ass whompin in that ride !

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

The only What if Map I would like to see is the Invasion of Japan where Japan had much better tanks..and some of its best weapons waiting for the Allies. Type 1 Chi-He about 170 with better armor than Shinhoto Chi-ha Same gun. Type 3 Chi-Nu 60-166 produced by time of surrender..was basically as good as an m4. Type 4 Chi-To as strong as m4..could penetrate m4 frontal armor from 1000 meters. Type 5 Chi-ri (basically a Japanese Tiger..only one completed by time of surrender) They also had spgs and Tank Destroyers waiting too. There was also one Experimental tank that was completed but disassembled for transport to manchuria (supposedly) It was called the O-I It had a crew of 11! 200mm max armor, a 105mm gun, a 37mm gun and 3 mgs

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

ok....if we have an invasion of japan, you would have to let the US have their perishing tanks, AND you would then need a russian map (since russia declared war on them toward the end) where the russians would get ISU-xx, and IS-2/3s. and then you would need to model all the suicide weapons that were ready for action, then you would need to model the japanese jet planes that were being built, then you... but you get the point, and invastion of japan map would need ALOT of work put into it.

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Invasion of Japan would be interesting. We're getting Pershings so that's not a problem BTW (they were used at Okinawa).

How about: Japanese raid on the Panama Canal. Maybe make it an objective map. And while it was supposed to be staged from submarine aircraft carriers, you could add some landing craft. US defenders and such.

But yeah, WWII encompased so much that going on to WHAT IF type stuff should be lower on the priority list.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago
PanzerAceok....if we have an invasion of japan, you would have to let the US have their perishing tanks, AND you would then need a russian map (since russia declared war on them toward the end) where the russians would get ISU-xx, and IS-2/3s. and then you would need to model all the suicide weapons that were ready for action, then you would need to model the japanese jet planes that were being built, then you... but you get the point, and invastion of japan map would need ALOT of work put into it.

Um...Jet planes? lol...the kikka? It wasn't considered that good. They mostly kept Ki100s for the planned invasion. Look, I just said if I could choose a What if map, it would be that.