Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Yeah, I think it would be cool if there were some rescue maps like

Allies freeing POWs (No players, but bots).

Also there could be a "Mussolini map", where Axis Fallschirmjäger have to get him out of "Italy".

Well shoudl work like always, you have to grab those guys and bring them to a certain point of the map. Neither team should kill the "Vip-Bots" otherwise game is lost.

Another idea would be escape maps, where Allies have to escape from a Festung via a cablecar. DoD had quite an Atmospheric map for this.

You could even extend it. Allies have to get into the fortress, steal to secret documents and have to get out of it again. Almost like a capture the flag, but onesided.

Here are some pics of the DoD festung map:

festung1.jpg

festung2.jpg

festung3.jpg

festung4.jpg

festung5.jpg

festung6.jpg

festung7.jpg

festung8.jpg

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Hmm, well I can see this working on maps if every player only had one life. I mean what would you do once you managed to escape as a prisioner ? Just hang around watching everyone else play, or join in again ? I think game-play like that would require a SDK in some way, or at least some serious modding...

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

..yeah, that would be CooL ™, like in some cs maps.. but it's really kinda hard since most of the time, you really DIE at least once in a full game/round of FH, or BF for that matter. would be nice though..

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Dee-JaýHmm, well I can see this working on maps if every player only had one life. I mean what would you do once you managed to escape as a prisioner ? Just hang around watching everyone else play, or join in again ? I think game-play like that would require a SDK in some way, or at least some serious modding...

It definately works with spawntickets, too.

In Day of Defeat you spawn as well after 15 seconds. It is not like CS.

If you manage to escape your team get an extra point. If you obtain the documents even more.

And you needn´t be a prisoner. Sneak into the castle (Paratrooper?) get the documents, blow up the ammo dump and escape with the cablecar. WOOOOT!

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
the_moveAnd you needn´t be a prisoner. Sneak into the castle (Paratrooper?) get the documents, blow up the ammo dump and escape with the cablecar. WOOOOT!

Sounds like a Push-CTF map...

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
C38368Sounds like a Push-CTF map...

With some changes:

No flag (object) for the Axis to retrieve

Guy who captures documents does not get revealed to all players on map and screen.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Right, rather like the DoD maps which required several objectives of one side (I can remember one, whose name is lost to me, that required the Allies to steal two sets of documents and blow something up, as I recall). Was fun... I like that style of map; helps to spice things up a little.