Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago

Hope you don't mind my bringing up this topic again but heres a good pic depicting Afrika Korps uniforms.

The center soldier is using Italian tropic pants, it was common for Wehr soldiers to adopt these because they were looser and let the legs "breathe" more.

The one on the right was in the German assigned tropic uniform. It was reportedly uncomfortable too close to the skin and hot. It was common for soldiers who either didn't have strenous jobs or couldn't afford the extra clothing to wear these.

The far left is in full tropic uniform. You can see how this looks rather unproffesional and was looked down upon by some commanders despite it's increased comfort. He looks almost British so I'm not even sure if this uniform was issued to any germans or taken off the British.

ast012_4.jpg

[quote]http://www.aviapress.com/book/ast/ast012/ast012_4.jpg[/quote[

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

You should be one of those people that tell what models are wearing down the catwalk (

he center soldier is using Italian tropic pants, it was common for Wehr soldiers to adopt these because they were looser and let the legs "breathe" more.

:lol: lol but good pic

|2.SS|Ustuf. Klaus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago

Not only should there be shorts, but rolled up sleeves and desert helmets (like the guy on the left in that drawing). I think the British used those helmets, but I'm not sure. :clueless: And I like the idea of random skin spawns, that would make for a more realistic feel rather than spawning next to my twin brother! lol

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

well it looks like a british colonial soldiers helmut, but it was a german one.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

Britis wore the same helmets (troops anyway)as there are in the existing FH.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

I don´t know, but Helmets make the soldiers look much less dangerous. Seems more like a holiday outing then war. But still, I´m for it !

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago

I don´t know, but Helmets make the soldiers look much less dangerous. Seems more like a holiday outing then war. But still, I´m for it ! Once this Mod moves along to BF: Vietnam, you can vary a whole lot of different uniforms, since each player can setup his own...