Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Realism.

Goes on and on. This is strategic this is tactical... blah blah. I've seen some great ideas, and some STUPIDITY in arguments that should get the nasty bubbly nosed sticky fingered chuppachup chewing little poster THOROUGHLY SMACKED.

I think the word SCOPE here could be good. Wish lists about some obscure facet of wwII that they apparently got wrong or Really Should Include seems to feed off itself and end up in a blaze of technical or historical one-upmanship.

Its just a game. To have fun in. Pedantic technoNerds go and argue on alt.net.startrekmistakesbyepisodeandcharacter.d or alt.net.myklingonisbetterthanyoursandillproveit.d.

I'm aussie, and while I'd love to see Ozzes in the mod, I realise its unlikely. The portrayal of the units are better than the original. I'm sure FH teaming up with Merciless will result in brilliant additions to no doubt a boxable product. Do we really need to worry about how they'll handle it?

Perhaps a good question would be to ask yourself would be is this realistic to expect, not experience. *laughter*

Can we all step back, look at what our own little centre of my universe expectations are and appreciate whats within the scope of the MOD, their own desires and whats not?

Want ultimate realism? Speak to a vet. Join the Army and live it. MOst of all stop and think about it eh?

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

ay guv'nah i think i hear a dingo eatin your baby

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
judge reinholday guv'nah i think i hear a dingo eatin your baby

jesus christ renhold.... way to be diplomatic :uhm:

anyway.... This mod is attempting to create a realistic portrate of world war 2...

its not trying to be REAL... its trying to be realistic...

I think these people just want to have an experiance out of the game, not to have fun....

(i dont play games to have fun, i play them for the experiance of it all)

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Does this...have...a point? I mean if it does then go right on ahead. But otherwise I can just move it over to off topic where it seems to belong...

If you hadn't noticed quite a few people enjoy adding realism to the game. They find it....what's that word...oh yeah fun.

We're not the number 2 mod for bf currently for nothing you know ;)

it's all about your personal taste.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

B.F. PierceDoes this...have...a point? I mean if it does then go right on ahead. But otherwise I can just move it over to off topic where it seems to belong...

If you hadn't noticed quite a few people enjoy adding realism to the game. They find it....what's that word...oh yeah fun.

We're not the number 2 mod for bf currently for nothing you know ;)

it's all about your personal taste.

:-p i dont do anythign for fun really... havent had fun for a good many years... i just want to kill people and get away with it.... i use this to "vent"... because im one of those really nice and tolerant guys (evrey single one of you knows somone like me) who never gets mad....

i use killing to "Vent".... i would kill real people, but i would be thrown in jail.... plus i am 17 years old, and cant join the army without parental permission....

shebangsthedrums

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Haaaa a point? Naah not really, nothing other than to provoke a reaction and maybe some thought?

Just wanted to get away from the ... I want copper tipped bullets modelled and will they model 1in 6 right hand twist to the mauser rifles? (wait for those who'll check that... point proven. Baah hahahah)

I read a post about how the b17 should not be included on technical definition and thought to my iddy biddy self: its a game. Why not include it?

And as for the number 2 mod idea? It should be number one. DC does not have the polish.

I'm satisfied, I got my reaction and my humble opinion recognised.

*eddie murphy grin*

P.S. Abowt that doingo remawrk? Streuth cobber fair go aye? Stroike me 'roan....

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

If you want an arcade mod go to DC or play regular bf1942. what the hell you are doing in HF which is a mod of realism and historical accuracy?

shebangsthedrums

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

See, now, I blame myself here. Fish thinks I'm at FH about realism, when in fact I am most certainly not.

Its my fault, I have not expressed my suggestions properly. I forgive you, go in peace my vengeful son. *cue the sound a faint gregorian chant... slips hands back inside robe sleeves*

Read my previous post, about 24 hours earlier, reproduced here for your comfort...

-------------------------------------------------------

great mod.

played DC for ages till I stumbled across FH, and it is truly what BF1942 should have been. Not taking away from what DICE did, but this is like the FH team put the bubbles in DICE's beer....

DICE: *....finally caps last brewed bottle of wwII goodness* Hmm its missing something, no matter the budget and Team Leaders say get it on the shelves!

FH: *twist & slurp....* Hmmm i know what would finish this right off....

first of all, maps. Or more so, a flow on effect. Perhaps a series of maps following a theatre of engagement. Fight one map, next map is extension of last. Not looking for pedantic realism here, but a series of battles within a say 5 map war? Two wins consec. on both sides means back where the fight started, 5 in a row means a win to the appr. side and the battle is won. Say, push the Brits over Africa into the sea at Tobruk? Japs push allies off New Guinea?

Second idea is to provide slight bonuses for troops to -stay with armour-!!!!. Perhaps faster reloads, tighter accuracy, greater zoom, just encourgae thru subtle advantages for Rambos to stay with the armour, protect it, and everyone clump together.

Dont split your forces is a proven idea, perhaps armour could have an aura of upgrades that encourage troops to protect it.

Anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now what I say there is how great FH is. Its right there. Read it for thyself. My last post, was to slap unthinking pedants into *HA* reality and perhaps enhance the - workable realism suggestions - for FH, not bitch about how the b17 is strategic not tactical or pointlessly show off with technobabble on the minutest detail i.e. lose the fun aspect. If you have ever used the word 'gay' in a post, then you are exactly the type of person I'm referring to. *laughter*

It was also to highlight and make people think what might be truly possible in a mod. Perhaps a FH coder or dev flavoured person in general could comment on what is workable and what is fantasy? A few guidelines perhaps? I've seen the term SDK bandied around, so perhaps *ohmigod* OTHERS have the same opinion?

But everyone has latched onto to my posts with almost religious fervour. I'm saddened, and I weep for those helplessly lost amidst blind fury.

*solemn moment*

I'm a BIG fan of everything rainbow six. OpFlash. AA. I'm a BIG fan of realism in general. Read my previous post and see how I want troops to support armour, like they did -for real-, not run around like 5yr olds on a soccer field on Saturday morning.

IS my point proven yet? I'd LURVE to see true iron sights in 1942 alla OPFlash/AA but -is it possible-? My point entirely. Achievable realism, not showing off with pointless tech crap.

Think, before you paint me with the bitter stain of The Agitator. I am a fan of FH, every bit as much as the rest.

In fact I'd pay for it. Release it and see...

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

shebangsthedrumsRealism.

Goes on and on. This is strategic this is tactical... blah blah. I've seen some great ideas, and some STUPIDITY in arguments that should get the nasty bubbly nosed sticky fingered chuppachup chewing little poster THOROUGHLY SMACKED.

I think the word SCOPE here could be good. Wish lists about some obscure facet of wwII that they apparently got wrong or Really Should Include seems to feed off itself and end up in a blaze of technical or historical one-upmanship.

Its just a game. To have fun in. Pedantic technoNerds go and argue on alt.net.startrekmistakesbyepisodeandcharacter.d or alt.net.myklingonisbetterthanyoursandillproveit.d.

I'm aussie, and while I'd love to see Ozzes in the mod, I realise its unlikely. The portrayal of the units are better than the original. I'm sure FH teaming up with Merciless will result in brilliant additions to no doubt a boxable product. Do we really need to worry about how they'll handle it?

Perhaps a good question would be to ask yourself would be is this realistic to expect, not experience. *laughter*

Can we all step back, look at what our own little centre of my universe expectations are and appreciate whats within the scope of the MOD, their own desires and whats not?

Want ultimate realism? Speak to a vet. Join the Army and live it. MOst of all stop and think about it eh?

Is this english ? I can't read it...... :confused:

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
Beast of War Is this english ? I can't read it......

yeah it looks pretty chineese