TigerTeufel

[11PzG]

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Im sure this is something already at the attention of the FH team, but i just wanted to point it out anyway. I was suprised by the apperance of the StugIIIB in the Ardennes map, because at the time of the battle 12/44 the StugIIIB was no longer in service. The StugIIIB was in service from May 1940 until December of 1943, but that was it, after that the StuH 42 105mm assault guns took over the role of the outdated StugIIIB, and they entered service in May of 1942 and served until the end of the War. Now im sure the FH team will be adding in the all-powerful King Tiger and of course of the Panzerkampfwagen V or Panther into the Ardennes map, based on their historical appearance in Kampfgruppe Peiper which was the spearhead of the German advance into the Ardennes. I personally wouldnt mind seeing some more of the tankdestroyer classes making their way into the map, like the JgdPz 38t, IV/70, V or even the VI(It was available in 12/44, i even think some fought in the Ardennes, but im not sure about that). I love the addition of the JgdPz IV, I think thats great, even the StugIIIG's are good. After all a little more firepower never hurt anyone :D

Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

That always confused me as well. Most any short barrelled Stug or Panzer IV had been long since removed from service by so late in the war.