Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

The only really important thing that needs to be added, in my opinion, is the support for Road to Rome maps and implementation of its weapons and vehicles. I really don't see any reason why it shouldn't/couldn't be and why it hasn't yet been done. Having bored to the arcade feeling of original BF (largely thanks to FH ;) ) I would really like to get to play realistic RtR. How much more effort would it take? The maps are ready and most of the weapons and vehicles have already been made/modified.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

It will take both time and lots of working to make FH avalible for RTR

Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
Swe_Flying_FrogIt will take both time and lots of working to make FH avalible for RTR

How so? As I said, most of the work is actually done already. And even if it would take some time and effort, that could be taken from things like Alpenfestung... Things like that really don't belong to FH, so do something more rational and useful instead (like a Winter War map :D ).

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

...you know very little about modding obviously.

Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
McGibs...you know very little about modding obviously.

Actually I know somewhat about modding, but please do enlighten me. The effort needed to convert RtR maps (at least some of them) for FH is surely small compared to creating something like Fall Weiss, which needs a whole bunch of new weapons and equipment, vehicles, a new nationality and new sounds, not to mention a new map.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

If FH want to use RtR stuff you need to own RtR to play FH, and i doubt everyone here have RtR...

Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Everyone doesn't, naturally, but quite a few do. Currently the RtR owners being bored with arcade BF have their discs lying around idle, screaming to be implemented for FH...

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Well why don't they pop out the bf1942 cd and download FH...?

Also im pretty sure FH will convert to BF:V before it ever thinks about going to RtR.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Make a poll

Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Even if (or actually, when) FH goes BF:V, it would still be reasonable to include the Italian campaign. I don't actually care if it's RtR or not, I just want to get my ass back to Sicily - this time into a realistic one. :) But then again, I wouldn't mind a Winter War campaign (or at least one map) either.