Dios

Cannon Fodder

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

291 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Is there any chance, of ever seeing, even if it's just as part of the Background, the "Schwere Gustav" or "Dora", the 800mm Railroad Cannon that was used in the siege of Sevastopol? doracol.jpgNEWPIC5.JPG I know it's quite a monstrosity, and that I'll be hard to find a good excuse to put it in a map, even if as I said, it's just a background, but I think it would be very cool to see it. Anyone has any ideas about what kind of map could have something like this?

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

the small scale of BF maps and indestructibility of buildings prevents the use of anything of this size effectively or tactically

Dios

Cannon Fodder

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

291 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Doh! I guess I should make searches before posting from now on. Thanks Uncle_Sam.

Uncle_Sam

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Doh! I guess I should make searches before posting from now on. Thanks Uncle_Sam.

Heh, no problem. We all forget to use it sometimes.

Dios

Cannon Fodder

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

291 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Manik_Impressive, I know it would be useless as a player-controlled weapon, I meant having it appear as part of the Background in a map, or even having to destroy it as part of an objective mission, although it wouldn't be a real operation of WWII, and that would kinda suck. All I can think of, is if there's ever a Sevastopol map, to have in the background, pretty much like the destroyers and air carriers in any of the battles of the Pacific.

Uncle_Sam

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
pretty much like the destroyers and air carriers in any of the battles of the Pacific.

Those aren't just objects. You can use those. I kinda like your idea of just having it kinda sitting there, would be kinda neat.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yeah, once 0.6 is released or whatever version down the line, maybe the devs can put in some "what if" scenarios, but if the devs decide to include automated artillery of that scale (no not make all artillery automated) then it could beliver a massive single strike

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
ManiK_ImpressiveYeah, once 0.6 is released or whatever version down the line, maybe the devs can put in some "what if" scenarios, but if the devs decide to include automated artillery of that scale (no not make all artillery automated) then it could beliver a massive single strike

Oh yeah, I forgot about automated arty. Can't wait for FH to use it sometime

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Well here is an idea for a What If mission. The Allies have to destroy the Gustav and the Axis have to defend it and every minute or so the Gustav would fire and the Allies would lose 10 or more points (to make it seem as though the shell is killing other soliers and civillians elsewhere).