brok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I'm currently considering doing a mini series of movies in Battlefield, based around naval warfare. By far your mod has the best looking naval capacity in any mod, and I was wondering if -not in the upcoming release of course- you would be considering modelling the interiors of ships, purely for the sake of moviemakers. My series has scenes that are set in the cabins etc below decks and I'm sure other players would enjoy exploring the insides of ships too- they wouldn't affect gameplay either seeing as all the spawn points are up on deck. Do you think that the FH team would consider recreating the insides of ships at some later stage?

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Ship interiors !?

*starts singing "It's gonna be laaaaag fest" in a loud annoying voice*

brok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

i don't see why it would...

think about this- imagine in the original game, all the buildings had no doors or interiors- they may have had doors textured onto them but you couldn't go inside. now imagine someone changed them so they had doorways and rooms inside. There's not much in there that would make lag, is there? all they're doing is changing it from a solid object to an object that can be walked through- nothing that would really endanger the latency...

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

What about just the bridge, that would be cool...

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

i think they should make the inside of a sub

brok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

well if they just do the bridge, engine room and some corridors and living quarters like the canteen and the captain's cabin it would be ok. I'm still trying to figure out how I'd film the submarine's interior though...

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

making the interior off ships will requir models=polies to many polies=lag

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
subboThe insides of ships was one of my first wants for BF, but unfortunately its more complicated than just "creating them". BF uses a rather power-consuming collision detection system, as you might have noticed as significant slowdown or lag when large ships are moving or colliding with eachother. Now imagine adding the insides of the ship above (refering to the tirpitz) that, you'd have at least twice as complicated collision calculations.Although I must admit, this has not exactly been tested yet, so it might be doable with simple interiors, but certainly nothing fancy.

thats what subbo said about it ;)

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Just a bridge, that's all I'm asking for... (and a 'captain to the bridge' command :D)

[LO]Je$tER

{SiegeMod DEV} "Stealthy"

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

creating the interior of a ship (not sure about sub) wouldnt make the game lagg. Look at DC's gunship...Look at GC's millenium falcon....Look at EoD's Chinook....look at interstate's blimp...Is there lagg? nope, not for me. What would be the difference in a ship? also, just look at the furnished houses in the city maps like market garden, and berlin. And even while the ship is moving, the static meshes inside whether its a table or a planning deck wouldnt lagg at all. My friend has done something simaler to this and i tested it out

Mabey the FH team can add this later on