Soujiro

The Feared Engineer

50 XP

31st March 2003

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

'[LOJe$tER']creating the interior of a ship (not sure about sub) wouldnt make the game lagg. Look at DC's gunship...Look at GC's millenium falcon....Look at EoD's Chinook....look at interstate's blimp...Is there lagg? nope, not for me. What would be the difference in a ship? also, just look at the furnished houses in the city maps like market garden, and berlin. And even while the ship is moving, the static meshes inside whether its a table or a planning deck wouldnt lagg at all. My friend has done something simaler to this and i tested it out

Mabey the FH team can add this later on

The only difference is that those models got lower poly than the actual ships in BF1942. Assuming FH reached close to the same polycount... think of what happen if they added an interior...

LAG!

You not really thinking though, the blimps, buildings, AC-130 and the Falcon haven't even COME close to the ship's total polycount in BF1942.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

If you have played Galatic Conquest, you've probably noticed the modelled interior of the MilleniumFalcon. It's quite neat looking, tho it's not really even near the size of battleships but I don't see no lag when flying/colliding with it.

[LO]Je$tER

{SiegeMod DEV} "Stealthy"

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

SoujiroThe only difference is that those models got lower poly than the actual ships in BF1942. Assuming FH reached close to the same polycount... think of what happen if they added an interior...

LAG!

You not really thinking though, the blimps, buildings, AC-130 and the Falcon haven't even COME close to the ship's total polycount in BF1942.

you have a point, but i mean it wouldnt hurt to at least try. Little by little the DEV's can make small parts and test them...if it starts getting choppy then they can always take it out