Die Fledermaus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

First off, Forgotten Hope seems to be what Battlefield 1942 SHOULD have been all along. I had all but stopped playing it in favor of Medal of Honor with the Realsim Mods. But FH has changed all that.

Sadly I can only play like two maps, as my PC is too old and slow. But I hope to get a new one before Year's end.

Anyway, I guess this has been said before. Hard to believe it has not, but I will say it anyway.

The submachine guns are by and large way TOO WEAK in damage. Who on earth would want to be a close contact squad leader with a weapon that will dont bring someone down unless you get a lucky head shot or shot them again, and again and again?

Thompsons were .45 cal. That was enough to blow most peoples arms off with one round. Yet the FH Thompson and Schmisser both seem to be in a different game commpared to the rifles that now (FINALLY) bring someone down with one shot from 100 yards away.

I agree the SMGs should be hard to aim from very far away, but I noticed that almost no one uses them - because they have not distance and also do not kill very well close up. Bad combination.

Otherwise, I am having a blast with FH so far. Not been able to really fly anything or be on maps with a lot of ships, due to instant lag-o-death. But once I get a P4 I look very forward to it.

Oh yes, one other point. It might be realistic to have AA guns that only fire 4 rounds, but in real life most AA was in batteries of more than one gun. It seems impossible to zero in and get an AA kill the way the guns work now. A concession to the fact that there is only one gun per battery and the fact it is a game, prone to one player being slighly lagged from his target, would be to bring back the AA guns that had more than 4 shots. German 88 flak guns would be cool too, since you could use them as AA, AT or AP.

Thanks for all the hard work. But please make a Thompson that kills like a Thompson.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Do you have the latest patch? The submachineguns are quite strong there... The 88 is somewhere i think, only just don't know where.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

SMG's are pretty much perfect now I reckon

Splinter(nl)

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

yeah, where's the 88 ?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

if the flakk 18 is the 88 (looks prety much the same to me)

theres 2 in kursk behins the german base, and 1 on bulge on the windmill hill when its occupied by the germans