]Glen[

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any plans to add smoke grenades to FH ?

I'm sure smoke was used quite a lot in WW2 for marking targets for Airstrikes etc...

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I sure hope they will be like SH's smoke nades. Those are the best part of that mod, along with thier mines

Sturmtiger

Strumtiger Tank

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

well in the Smoke Grenade is Useless ... look a DC's smoke grenade lol

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I really dont think smoke grenades are all that useful, In DC i never use mine except to throw it in the blackhawk and fly around leaving smoke everywhere. However, the smoke in SH is REALLY good. I mean damn...If we could get some smoke nades like that, I'm sure I could find a use for them :naughty:

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

DC's smoke nades are useless because they make a narrow upwards collumn in front of you. The SH's nades engulf the whole area completely. Possible uses (of the top of the head). 1. You can throw the nades in front of the incoming tanks, then put mines. The tankers (if stupid enough) will go through the smoke sinking it's harmless. 2. An infantry approaches the flag that you are defending with your expacks. You see that one of them is the engineer, and he goes ahead trying to disarm your expacks while the rest wait in cover. If you have a smoke nade, you can throw it in, and this way they won't see the expacks planted

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

to the defense of smoke grendaes in DC, it suppose to be for marking the target. than use as cover. personally colored smoke grens should be like the DC version. and white smoke should be like in SH

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Smoke grenades lag way too much.. imagine ten people throwing smoke grenades everywhere.. it'll be a "smoke fest". Or at least, I know that the smoke grenades from Action Battlefield lag like shit. And I only threw two in front of me, with only one player in the game (myself, was testing maps). When I look at the smoke, I can hardly move my mouse, when I look away, it runs perfectly smooth. I don't know about DC's smoke effects though..

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
KingrudolfSmoke grenades lag way too much.. imagine ten people throwing smoke grenades everywhere.. it'll be a "smoke fest". Or at least, I know that the smoke grenades from Action Battlefield lag like shit. And I only threw two in front of me, with only one player in the game (myself, was testing maps). When I look at the smoke, I can hardly move my mouse, when I look away, it runs perfectly smooth. I don't know about DC's smoke effects though..

I've seen atleast ten or twelve smoke nades in a small area while playing DC and no lag. Its perfectly smooth.

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

the lag hes refering to is exampled by counter strike, i think

Peacekeeper<..>

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I rarely post, but read the boards daily..

I think smoke grenades would be good. I use them in Bashra's nights to cap the middle flag, very effective. Enemy doesn't see you unless hes ontop of you or nametags are turned up to much. Also, when you see someone use smoke, you know something is gonna a happen.