]Glen[

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

The smoke grenades in SH are amazing... I had a great idea though....

The Binoculars work by firing a projectile that then acts as the camera (or something like that, i'm a little drunk and can't remember) why not switch the projectile the binoculars fire to a smoke marker.

Would be crap for arty obviously but would work great for calling in Airstrikes.

You could give the Officer class two binoc's in the weapon select screen, 1 for arty, 1 for air.

I don't know wether anyone has thought of that before....

[edit]This actually did happen in ww2, I remember reading in 'The Guns of Normandy' by George Blackburn, he would get his 25pdr battery to mark German trenches with red smoke for strikes by Typhooons[/edit]

DaNCeT

F|H Founder Council

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Yeah, smoke grenades seem like a very good idea. This could provide a nice cover for infantry to move up...

And concerning lag, I think you own computer has to be able to render it, I don't think it would give massive lag to all players.

Winther

FH Betatester

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

Yeah I think it's a good idea, Admiral Glen ^^. Would be really cool if you'd put SH's smoke grenades in.

Mdbook

BFWorld Staff Member

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

I agree with the use of smoke grenades. It would provide great cover for infantry moving into a flag infested with MG's, and it forces the MGer to reposition himself so he can't sit at a bridge chokepoint and mow down the running infantry. And I think it would be great for any bomber just looking to drop a large load on a smoke target rather than flying around the map looking to drop their bombload on a lone infantry.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
KingrudolfSmoke grenades lag way too much.. imagine ten people throwing smoke grenades everywhere.. it'll be a "smoke fest". Or at least, I know that the smoke grenades from Action Battlefield lag like shit. And I only threw two in front of me, with only one player in the game (myself, was testing maps). When I look at the smoke, I can hardly move my mouse, when I look away, it runs perfectly smooth. I don't know about DC's smoke effects though..

you need a new machine or bigger bandwidth...

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

I'd like to see smoke shells for the fixed 105mm howitzers to provide cover for allied infantry trying to sneak in on a Tiger or to keep the enemy disoriented for a while.

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

I agree, smoke nades would really add to gameplay, since, even though most people wouldn't use them correctly, it's nice to know that they are there in case a rare display of teamwork decides to show up. But since we are getting ever so close to the .6 release, I doubt they want to spend time on yet another little detail. I say we wait 'til .7.

Negator

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

yerah good smoke grandes whould be realy nice. but for this they have to be strong enought to give a real chance to hide. i hope this will come some day :)

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago
Negatoryerah good smoke grandes whould be realy nice. but for this they have to be strong enought to give a real chance to hide. i hope this will come some day :)

Check out SH smoke... you can't see sh*t thru it!

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

Aarrgghh! What's 'SH' - sorry I'm probably being dumb (yeah, no jokes). I'd love to see smoke grenades in-game - setup the same way as sniper kits so everyone doesn't get them. Any links to a pic of SH's smoke??