Titmouse69

well f*ckadoodledoo!

50 XP

5th February 2003

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

PLEASE in the next release can you make the sniper rifle more accurate. long range head shots are next to impossible! fair enough, it was a good idea to remove the scout as a class, but this just rubs salt in the wound!

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

The sniper rifle is near useless as you can easily hit something at maximum visible range with a normal rifle.

Titmouse69

well f*ckadoodledoo!

50 XP

5th February 2003

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

agreed - k98, even without sights is king at the mo - agree it was an accurate weapon, but doesnt that defeat the whole poiont of having a sniper rifle. please onsider making sniper rifle as accurate as in std bf1942 - had it just right - but not like EOD - way too accurate!

Wehrmacht Rulz

I post to get attention

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
Titmouse69agreed - k98, even without sights is king at the mo - agree it was an accurate weapon, but doesnt that defeat the whole poiont of having a sniper rifle. please onsider making sniper rifle as accurate as in std bf1942 - had it just right - but not like EOD - way too accurate!

In Bulge in the closed flag to axis, the one on the mountain, there is a pickable auto rifle sniper but its like wtf with it. there was no lag and i proned somewhere and aimed at tons of enemy not even moving and waited like 4 sec to be sure my aim is perfect and right on the body and i shot like 10 time like that and didnt even fucking hit the enemy once. WTF... the range should be lot farther or else whats the damn use of having a sniper if it almost have the same range as the panzerfaust... and that panzerfaust should go a little farther...

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Scopes are for noobs.

I kill people on max sight range just with the ordinary K98. Even if they move. Same goes for the Enfield.

I don´t see the need of a Sniper Rifle since a good marksman can already snipe with the regular rifle.

cavana60

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

haha, mabye the regular rifles are a little too accurate then

wilson420

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

15th October 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

"I don´t see the need of a Sniper Rifle since a good marksman can already snipe with the regular rifle." -This is a good point, so what can be done about it? I think its unthaughtful to suggest just getting ride of sniper rifles all together. I mean, they did play a role on WWII battle fields almost as much as AT crews did. Look at all the famous WWII sniper stories out there, and Im not just talking about Vassily Zaitsev vs the german sniper Major "Koenig(?)." There was such a value placed on trained snipers fallowing WWI that countries like Russia and Japan made a womens sniper core, Germany designed the G41/43 series which ended up being the first real attempt at developing a standard sniper arm, and Germany also instituted the first practical sniper or sharp-shooter training program into it's standerd military operations. Im just pointing these things out to emhesis the importance of the snipers role in WWII. -With that said then, I would have to agree that the sniper rifles in FH need to have thier accuracy increased to the point that they far out match the capabilities of any standerd un-scoped rifle, other wise they are quite useless. they really need to have the killing power of 1-shot 1-kill like in real life, at a reasonably far distance. It is pretty safe to say that every rifle used by snipers in WWII had a consistant level of accuracy out ot about 600 yards (some greater then that...). -Now I know the counter arguement, "omfg, so what your saying is that they should throw in this unstopable uber weapon!" No, thats not what im saying, and sniper rifles are far from uber. its not like one guy with a scope is going to change the tides of battle. If the Fh team only puts one of the new, highly accurate sniper kits for each team, on what ever map that they see fit, I think it will balance out just fine. Besides, an udgraded sniper rifle in the hands of a noob is as sueless as a tiger in the hands of a noob, so you really cant cry about that. -All Im saying is, make the sniper rifle kits more accurate and more powerful, yet less abundant, and it shouldnt effect game play in anyway except make the sniper/rifles role more true to life. Only give the sniper his rifle and maybe a side arm, plus some good camo. Since snipers work alone, he'll get screwed against a squad of enemy guys coming at him point blank anyways. Just my thaughts...-calen.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
cavana60haha, mabye the regular rifles are a little too accurate then

The G43scoped is absolutely accurate just like the bolt action rifles.

Maybe you have to learn how to lead?!

Besides K98 scoped and K98 scoped should have the same accuracy since it is the same gun. Only difference is the scope. So why should the unscoped have less accuracy.

It is the marksmen who aims and not the rifle. Learn to use the unscoped, then you can use the scoped too and you do not need it anymore as well and with that you do not need to whine anymore.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
wilson420"I don´t see the need of a Sniper Rifle since a good marksman can already snipe with the regular rifle." -This is a good point, so what can be done about it? I think its unthaughtful to suggest just getting ride of sniper rifles all together. I mean, they did play a role on WWII battle fields almost as much as AT crews did. Look at all the famous WWII sniper stories out there, and Im not just talking about Vassily Zaitsev vs the german sniper Major "Koenig(?)." There was such a value placed on trained snipers fallowing WWI that countries like Russia and Japan made a womens sniper core, Germany designed the G41/43 series which ended up being the first real attempt at developing a standard sniper arm, and Germany also instituted the first practical sniper or sharp-shooter training program into it's standerd military operations. Im just pointing these things out to emhesis the importance of the snipers role in WWII.

The G43 was designed to be a counterpart to russian Semi-Auto rifles. In BF 1942 the Sniper Rifle was not the important thing about the Scout class (unlike everybody thinks). It is the binoculars to call for Arty.

And FH does not get rid of all Sniper Rifles. But they - I hope - decided not to introduce a sniperclass, but put them in as limited kits on the maps, which is very reasonable.

There are already to many hedgehogs in BF and this is WWII and not some PARTISAN WARS.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

...exept the fact that the scoped k98 and no4 really are inaccurate. I think they have the same values as the original bf sniper rifles, wich is quite a bit less then the FH infantry rifles.