Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Are they going to fix the Stug "G" or whatever late model stug it is in the game that is modeled so amazingly well? The gun elevation is what I'm talking about. It does not "depress" far enough. I don't know about "real life" but in the game it is a big drag and no fun. It's a shame, because this is one of the best models in the entire game and it is ruined by this.

So what's up?

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

You are quite right. The StugIIIG had a gun elevation of -6° to +20°. In my view this fine model has one fault, which is the lie of the whole vehicle. The real Stug was nose down as shown here:- stug_25.jpg While the FH model is nose up, hence causing the problem.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Whichever one was in Market Garden it pissed me off to be coming across the bridge and I had gun barrel depressed all the way and because of arch of the bridge the Fireflys had no problem hitting me and I could not return fire. The gun would not depress less than zero and I could only shoot over their heads.

If the guns had their realistic depression I could have returned effective fire.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Anlushac11Whichever one was in Market Garden it pissed me off to be coming across the bridge and I had gun barrel depressed all the way and because of arch of the bridge the Fireflys had no problem hitting me and I could not return fire. The gun would not depress less than zero and I could only shoot over their heads. If the guns had their realistic depression I could have returned effective fire.

It's happened to me before, and I've done it to stugs before.

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Michael Wittman made his name in a stug but he didn't do by charging over bridges...he used it to ambush other tanks from hidden locations and used the lie of the land as his advantage.

Akula971

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

M. Whittmanns Stug worked as designed. I think he would have sent it back to the factory if it was like the FH Stug "the suspension on this Stug is screwed!" It means you have to back onto a bump to get the gun to depress, which exposes the weak roof armour, when what you want is an enemy that can only see the strong frontal armour

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I thought he drove a Tiger? What tank ace get's a *%#&*( StuG?

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']I thought he drove a Tiger? What tank ace get's a *%#&*( StuG?

A brave one/realistic one. There were more Tank aces than tigers probably

Akula971

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Wittmann started off in an amoured car (Sdkfz222) and then used a Stug Ausf A wittmann_08.jpg Wittmann on the left...........Learn something new everyday?