[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

I have a couple of ideas concerning the Russian front. At the moment the bf109 and the 190 are not having any bombs. I dont know why, since most of those planes were used as fighter/bombers. I think it would be a good idea to add bombs to the bf109 at least, since it has the same kind of cannons as machineguns, as far as I have seen in 0.5e......

I would also like to see the bf110 on the Russian fron since it was there... Maybe you could also add some of the double wing planes. Since they were actually in use.

Also some of the Dornier series would be nice to see in the game some day.

P.S. If this has been mentioned before I am sorry to birng it up again.

P.P.S. Please do something ith the Battle of Britain map, since it is one of the best Dice maps in the game.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

Most Bf-109's were generally fighters but the Bf-109 JaBos caried a single 550lb bomb or 4 x 110lb bombs

However the FW-190F series was a production line modification to the FW190A-5/U-3 and was intended as a close support and ground attack fighter. 1 centerline and 2 racks under wing for a total of 1,980lbs. normally and 2,600lbs on special occasions.

The Bf-110's were used initially as fighter bombers but they never lasted long where fighter opposition was strong. JaBo versions carried up to 4 x 110lb bombs under wings and 2 x 1,102 lb bombs under the centerline.

Biplane fighter on Eastern front would almost have to be the Henschel HS-123. It was so good in the close support role tha the Germans kept it in service well after it was supposedly replaced by the Stuka. Last versions were finally gone through attrition by end of summer of 1944. Carried 1 x 550lbs and 4 x 110 lbs.

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Yup, the FW190 A and F series were JABO planes, the D series were the true fighters.

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

Could someone tell me what the Bf in the airplane names stands for? I know all the others but that one.

As I recall, most of the planes in vanilla bf do have bombs, but almost an unlimited supply, and all the fighters had unlimited bombs. I think the fh fighters are a great improvement without several tons of explosives strapped to their belly.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Bayerische Flugzeuwerke - Bavarian Aircraft Works.

Messerschmitt also had his own company called Messerschmitt Flugzeuwerke

BFW was responsible for production and ME- was responsible for the designs.

All Messerschmitt aircraft were technically designated as BF up til the ME-163.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

explamsterCould someone tell me what the Bf in the airplane names stands for? I know all the others but that one.

As I recall, most of the planes in vanilla bf do have bombs, but almost an unlimited supply, and all the fighters had unlimited bombs. I think the fh fighters are a great improvement without several tons of explosives strapped to their belly.

fighters have 15 bombs, bombers have 30 but drop 2 at a time. Seems unlimited :(

Witch Hunter General

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

ME is not correct(?) I'm certain that one was "invented" later, although soldiers(not pencilpushers) may have used it earlier. Later aircrafts was simply given the ME-designation in honor of Willy Messerschmitt, much like Focke-Wulf did with Kurt Tank. Gets better if you think about the fact that the Me 163 was "100 %" made by Alexander Lippisch. I have not seen a single source suggesting that Me 109 was ever an official term. I think the first(or more precisely, the one with the lowest number) aicraft to have the Me-designation was Me 155, a competitor to the Ta 152 among other things.

mondogenerator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

I'd ignore any historical reference to any planes in BF, there totally incorrect. They use the BF109E model for all the ME/BF 109's. In bocage you would have seen (if at all since 109's were being phased out by then) Me/Bf 109G-14 or K-4, not a 1940E model. The early E model is correct for BoB but the 109 in the north african maps should have been an 7/Z or F model. The Stuka is also wrong, the ones used at Kursk were mainly G's with anti tank cannons.

Sam goes for the Yak, the Yak's that should be in those maps should be the Yak7 and Yak 9T. As for the Spitfire, the BoB model should be a Mk 1 or 2, the North African maps should have VB's with tropical dust filters. The model in Bf1942 is that of the XIV which didn't appear till 1944 and was used mainly as a buzzbomb(v-1) interceptor and a fighter/interceptor for the better more experianced RAF squadrons.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

I know all bf planes a very incorrect, but some of the maps, like BOB are surprisingly accurate, according to landscape.

mondogenerator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

Lol, the BoB is so incorrect you'd not belive it.I live in Brighton, East Sussex on the South Coast of the UK, 30 miles west of Dover and 50 south of London and 40 east of Portsmouth naval base. In other words right in the middle of where the battle happened, directly under where the Battle took place and the landscape in the BoB map is nothing like what it is here. For a start all the cliffs are chalk so there white, not brown and all the rivers are tidal and very small because the bedrock is so permiable and subject to serious erosion. All the valleys are shallow and theres no bridges like the ones in the BoB map. All the bunkers (which you can still look at today despite many being removed) are red Brick, not concrete and there are no factories any where in the southeast.There all above or west of London.

Belive me BoB is one of the most incorrect maps going....not even to mention the Spit being the wrong model. Only 4 years out in that case.