[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

This is my first post in the FH forum so i want to say hi to all. I also want to point out that this mod is a great addition to BF and the whole community. To the Devs. FH has meet up my expectations for a first beta and i only can say keep up the good work guys. Now back to business ;)

Suggestions: > The BF110 has the handling of a giant battlecruiser. If i try to fly a sharp turn while i have a enemy fighter at my tail im as good as dead because the BF110 is going to be uncontrollable, starts lurching around and finally crashes into the ground. I dont think its simple stall because all the other planes dont have the same problem. Smooth the handling of this plane and it will be perfect. > The Focke Wulf 190 has the problem of oversteering, a strafing run on ground targets is a very big challenge (or better a very big hazard) ... even for good pilots. It needs some smoothing too. > Most of the weapon/vehicle/player skins are looking pretty cool ... but some others are looking bad. The Stumgeschuetz III for example is to dark and pallid, the Japanese uniforms in light green are looking also bad and unrealistic. The 105mm Sherman on Bocage looks also bad compared to the original Sherman from BF. Add some new Skins for these and some other models and it will look much more realistic. > The M36 Jackson from Bocage needs a whole new model. The body of the Sherman is wrong cause the Jackson had another body, it had only the same chassis as the Sherman. > How about adding the 76mm Sherman on Bocage cause i think the 105mm artillery Sherman with its slow firerate is useless in tank to tank combat. > On the supported BF maps like Midway for example are the new weapons like M1 Garand and M1 Carbine not available. Please add them because they rock. > Where is the Colt for example? Some classes dont have a handgun wich makes it more realistic, but not very funny in close combat with a empty gun mag. > How about adding a deploy function for heavy mgs with bipods, which increase accuracy but decrease the fire radius (like in Day of Defeat Mod for Half Life). > I like background ambience sounds like far away artillery fire or mg bursts (like in DoD or MOHAA). Mayebe something like these "war sounds" can be added also. > The new weapon sounds are cool but some of them could be replaced by more realistic ones.

Thats all for now but when i find some new things to complain about ill post it here. Btw i think the high grade of realism makes this mod kick ass. Well I love it and cant wait to see the next update with lots of new stuff and fixes.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

iirc the jackson was built on both the m10 and m4 chasis

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
judge reinholdiirc the jackson was built on both the m10 and m4 chasis

Most WWII US tanks where build on the same chassis based on the M3. It goes from the M4 up to M7,M10, M36 and so on. But the problem is not the chassy its the body of the Jackson.

cavana60

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

2nd September 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

there is a deployable heavy machine gun, just there weren't enough player slots available to make it selectable. So it's on the ground in some levels, look for a brown crate the size of the ammo crate. It's in there.

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
cavana60there is a deployable heavy machine gun, just there weren't enough player slots available to make it selectable. So it's on the ground in some levels, look for a brown crate the size of the ammo crate. It's in there.

Thanks for the info! I havent seen them yet. Next time ill play ill keep an eye on every brown crate :)

Packetloss

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

yeh and most of the guns need improvement

cavana60

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP