RingofFire

Another Poster

50 XP

20th December 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

There are many things I luv about this game, it is definately one of the best. I think that this games designers are better than EA's in ways. But, i have a few suggestions to make. First of all, the Bazooka was extremely ineffective at piercing the armor of the new german heavily armored tanks. It hardly did any damage to them...untill the rocket was redesigned in early 1944. On a new note, tanks had crew to do different things, a driver, a gunner, a commander, and a loader. Could you guys separate the gunning and the driving in tanks? and also, the driver of the tank as in the sherman ,the tiger, and the T-34 had forward flexible mg mounts f there weps. Why cant those be used in game? Another suggestion is, I know it is possible to have mortars, can you give enges mortars, mortars were an enormous wep in WWII, DC has them! Also, i know deployable mgs can be carried in kits (GC mod has a deployable mg-like wep), why do apcs "drop them". but the work so far in this mod is wonderful! :)

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

The team has already decided not to seperate gunner and driver in tanks, mainly because it is hard to communicate.

RingofFire

Another Poster

50 XP

20th December 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
KämpferThe team has already decided not to seperate gunner and driver in tanks, mainly because it is hard to communicate.

thats why tanks had a commander. but i can understand the difficulties.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I mean that unless you have Teamspeak or Ventrilo communicating with most people on Battlefield, most of whom only care about themselves and not teamwork, is very hard. So it would lead to a lot of confusion.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Bazooka was not effective against the front of oncoming German armor. It was very effective to the sides and rear of non sloped armor like the Pz IV ( which was the backbone of the German armor even til end of the war) and the Tiger I.

And sloped armor could be defeated depending on range and angle of the hit. But as Master Minder pointed out in another thread. All of the weapons are reduced instrength for the interest of gameplay.

So toss your bazook and kill a German carrying a Panzerfaust. Bazooka is only effective against early tanks and lightly armored vehicles.

Also, IIRC mortars are in the works

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Bazookas are fine.. just gotta hide like a coward and wait for a good shot to present itself ;)

I suspect mortars are on the way, and I'm pretty certain the bow MG on the T34 will eventually be made useable, same for all bow Mgs.

fuzzjon

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

if they do make mortars you should be able to somehow pick them back up, unlike DC

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I don't think thats possible, it's the same with the (deploebel) MG

tvih

The Village Idiot from Hell

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

718 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Ah, mortars are coming? That's excellent news! I wondered why they weren't in original BF1942 in the first place. After all they were used to a very considerable extent in the war. Using them is cool in DC, though I don't like that mod all that much otherwise. Currently about the only mortar in BF/FH is throwing grenades in an arc. Killing people behind obstacles etc is hard with just direct-fire weapons. If mortars are added, it will be a great addition!