Kasperle!!!

Kradschuetze@Kar98

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Is it possible to make zones in the game where the enemy dies before he has the chance of spawnkilling ,hangar-camping,laming and many other things? I saw it in Flashpoint ,Firearms and other games and it was very good for the gameplay,you do not spawn and die 3 times because no enemy can reach you .Is it possible to make these zones ? viet-banner.jpg

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago
Originally posted by Kasperle!!! Is it possible to make zones in the game where the enemy dies before he has the chance of spawnkilling ,hangar-camping,laming and many other things? I saw it in Flashpoint ,Firearms and other games and it was very good for the gameplay,you do not spawn and die 3 times because no enemy can reach you .Is it possible to make these zones ? viet-banner.jpg

VC ownzzzzz :))))

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Not possible

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

In theory couldn't this turn into a place were people just camp so they wont lose?

Kasperle!!!

Kradschuetze@Kar98

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

No, maps like Gazala you´re only able to win with spawncamping. For Example: Battlexe it isn´t posible to take over the mainbases so you have to spawncamp but that is unfair ,because no plane is able to start the tanks were destroyed and the infantry gets killed because the enemy knows the spawnpoints .

In theory couldn't this turn into a place were people just camp so they wont lose?

No because you have to take and hold the flags!!!

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Unless everyone in the game is using a knife, they can still get you. snipers will pick off infantry and get artillery positions for artillery bombardment, tanks will use their HE guns to target infantry spawns, and air raids will constantly run on the base. None off this needs to be close to the base, so there is no protection(unless you make it impossible for the enemy to even get that close).

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

What would be better is being shielded for 3 seconds after you spawn.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

That wouldn't be good for a base you have to cap though, Since you probably wouldn't be able to cap it. Remember, you'll probably be able to kill several people in less than 3 seconds, so it'd be waaaay too hard to take a base ;)

Maybe it would be a good idea for uncappable bases, but I don't think it's possible to discern what control points spawn you with a shield...

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

what about the DOD system? where it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach the spawn zone, because at some point there is a ramp that the spawning team walks over, and the attacking team cant get to

[Attacling team] Ramp--> |II\ <--Ramp [Spawning Team]

Kasperle!!!

Kradschuetze@Kar98

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Thats is very good against tanks and infantry but what about the planes ? Spawnzones should be imbossible to reach for every enemy class if the map is not a an conquest map.I think it is hard to code but i would be fair.

I will look at other examples dod ,firearms flashpoint ut2003 mohaa ...