Maginot

aka Major Pappy Boyington :)

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have a suggestion for the ships! When a ship is badly damaged, this could be really realistic to see a ship partially sank or in a dramatic angle surrounded by oil. Maybe partially in function with the possibility to destroy some cannons. A ship partially sank or badly damaged with a minimum defense can be interesting to see. I would like to see a special animation when he sink too! (something like the end of the Titanic - not broken in 2 parts but i think about the effect when the peoples are aspired by the water if they are too close of the ship.). When a big carrier or a destroyer sink, it is not a little boat... you know what i mean? ;)

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I imagine this: a ship is half-sunk with oil all around, and then the whole team rapairs it, and oil goes back inside and the ship is straight now ;) LOL

However i like the idea about destructible cannons. I was thinking more about blowing up the AA guns though

Maginot

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

'[SYN hydraSlav']I imagine this: a ship is half-sunk with oil all around, and then the whole team rapairs it, and oil goes back inside and the ship is straight now ;) LOL

However i like the idea about destructible cannons. I was thinking more about blowing up the AA guns though

Hahaha! ;) But a ship badly damaged by a torpedo or a bomb can be in a terrible angle and it'ss a good thing! If the ship is hit by a torpedo behind, or on the sides, the angle can make a difference for the defense of the ship! Why not the Great Bismarck? ;)

cavana60

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I like this idea, although I think when the ship begins to list then it shouldn't be able to repair.

Engines could also shut down.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

well, in fh a million engies repairing a ship would still take 10 min.

I want to see some explosions and smoke and fire and stuff as theyr going down. Sometimes they do sink at cool looking angles, but thats only if youve rammed them, or theyrs a sandbar in the way. It would be cool to force dramatic sinking angles.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

/me prepares for the fps-lag :( :( :(

Maginot

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']/me prepares for the fps-lag :( :( :(

Why a lag? It's possible to do that...

Maginot

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Here's a suggestion! If the cannons are destroyed, you have just the minimum for the repairs (40/50% only). When a battleship is damaged, you need to reach the nearest sea port for the reparations.

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Yea there needs to be repair ship or port or somethings. Maybe use a modified liberty ship design as a repair ship.

Xenomorph VIP Member

Validating my existance

50 XP

8th July 2002

0 Uploads

2,636 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

There were repair ships and submarine tenders used in the war. A submarine tender was used in the battle of Midway, in fact.