shebangsthedrums

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

No, I'm not talking about how much your mum is impressed with mine :D its about a limit to how long you can run around in the game.

Its like everyone is... is... Kenyan or something.

You can run FOREVER.

Say, 1 minute flat out then you must stop or walk for 30 sec.

Have a wheezy breathing thing happening in the background

At the mo everyone zooms around the maps like they're on wheels, not like skinny white boys playing soldier....

???

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

i wish this was in it would make everyone use the apc and there would be more teamwork but me thinks we need sdk maybe we will see what the mdk has in store for us btw nice suggestion

Crimman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

130 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

GOD NO.... i hated it in Firearms (the hl mod) and i cant stand it in games. I dont want my games to be THAT acturate because it ALWAYS ruin the fun/game-play factor.

=TAW= [-[tRiX]-]

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I agree..stamina should be added..

shebangsthedrums

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I only suggest as at the moment you see individuals running up to the front in one's and two's, reflecting spawn rate.

And then be easily shot down by the dug in opposition.

Perhaps if the running rate was lowered, not neutered but a clear disadvantage for transport ( as it really is ) then the soldiers would pile into the apc's and arrive, en masse and much quicker, where suddenly there are 5 soldiers ( protected from small arms en route )and an mg all at once to put up a fight. Wow, teamwork easily created via subtle design changes which in reality reflect real practice. Everybody wins.

Yes, the tanks would luuurve to kill the apc's fat with players, but... er.... isnt that why the vietnam era Americans preferred to ride outside the apc? A workable, real life reflection with in the game.

I suggest this may be workable already? I mean we already have usage meters i.e. heat for guns.... why not having usage meters for soldier speed as well? Are there technical limitations to mixing these two?

At the moment there is too much footslogging, which results in borderline useless, fragmented troop dispersal and actually heightens individualism, not cooperation.

Sure, let the individual do what he chooses, but reward them for relying on each other is the main aim.

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yeah, great idea, but it probably requires the SDK. When is EA finally gonna release it????!!!

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

well they are releasing a mdk so there is a little chance for a sdk

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

How about reversing the idea? Instead of having a 'stamina' so that you can't run for too long, we could add a 'boost' so that infantry can run faster, but at the same time lower the current run rate.

I suggest cut the current run rate in half. This will force the infantry to stay together, move in APCs and plan advances from cover, but at the same time, allow them to make short 'dashes' from cover to cover using the boost.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Well, i have something funny to tell you :

In the original retail version, a friend of mine once tried to run from allied base in El Alamein to the most far outpost........and died running !

No one shot him, he was in a LAN game without bots or other human players then me. So you can only conclude he died of running too long in a desert, it never happend in european or russian maps or anywhere else.

I never actually tried it myself a second time, and i guess no sensible player goes running through that level, so i don't know if they patched it out again later. For all i know, it could be still in, but only the biggest nOObs will actually notice......and no one will believe them if they complain about it ;)

.:[kFmS]:.Fragger

You've been just ├śwned by me

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

162 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

We talked about that ones, but i think this isnt possible without m/sdk