The Internet ends at GF
22nd May 2007
[size=18]Stargate BFM 0.32 Beta (1942) released 06.12.2011[/size]
Stargate BFM is a Battlefield 1942 mod loosely based on the Stargate movies and TV series. Stargate: Battle for Mankind takes place in the near future, where the existence of the Stargate is known worldwide and the world is at war against the Goa'uld. The Goa'uld have recently made several attacks against Earth, and the Tau'ri (humans) are meeting them head on in battles on and off-world. It's an ever-evolving battle, and nowhere in the universe is out of reach in this intergalactic war. The mod currently includes several custom maps on planets across the universe, and a space map that features the full arsenal of ships from the series. All major weapons and ships seen in the series are included in the mod and both sides are fully playable. This mod was originally developed by deathgliders_r_us, ColonelCow, and many others who are too many to name. A few members of the Stargate and Battlefield 1942 communities have decided that this great mod was in need of a well deserved makeover. Current plans include full single player and coop support for all existing maps, new maps that will explore the Stargate universe, and updated models and textures. If you are interested in helping the mod or if you have any question, contact Dnamro or me, dafishanator.
New full version ready for Download of Stargate BFM: Stargate BFM 0.32 Beta (1942) download - Mod DB
Stargate BFM 0.32 Beta - Dnamro and Dashfinator. Includes a little know update from Dnamro, DACV and Sting. =================
*** Note Special Thanks to DACV for improved vehicle AI and Sting for Sound CTD bug fix as well as adding a shimmer effect to the stargate.
- All maps are playable with bot support.
Known issues: - Jaffa hand device healing now shows as empty hands due to issues with the model. The icon needs some work as well. - Stinger handweapon shows a grey pole sticking out the back of the Soldier model at close range.
Changes 0.32 Beta Latest Improvements:
- All new load screens. - Only stagate maps appear on map list - Custom thumbnail map previews for all maps - New menu music - Ametheon and Mine maps have AI updates. On Mine map, replaced buggy with kattrans because bots had a hard time with the Kattrans and the buggy is more fun.
Picture's: New maps:
- Boarding party: Fight aboard the Ha'tak for control of the landing bay area against bots. The bots can be quite aggessive and you may have to limit the number of bots on the map. All flags are captureable.
- Battle over Antartic/Antartic Assault: Battle over a frozen snowpacked landscape with low visibility. One map is DG vs Prometheus. The other map is Ha'tak vs F302s. Vehicles take off the ground now since there were issues with spawning them in the air
- Gate Defense: Old map brought back from version 1 with a destructable stargate. (Originally named as a stargate location).
- Tech: Good third party map. Plays well with bots.
- Amatheon - Map left out of Ver 3 because it crashed on the server. It plays fine on a lan server in coop and conquest now.