cheesemancrusader

GF best viewed w/ pants off

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I read through all the other suggestions for stalingrad (most wished for CoD stalingrad, which they got :bows: ), and saw that there was no official response to adding in stukas for germans. It was suggested that there be a small airstrip or something of that nature, but due to having to add onto map and make it into a siege map it didnt go over well. When playing Invasion of the Philipenes There are spawnable planes (float in mid-air until pilot has entered i think) because there is no room for carrier. implement this into stalingrad and voila. It would be better for river to be widened a bit, or would this off-set historical accuracy? Also if it could be coded to where when russians capture that first flag stukas stop spawning, and 2 stukas would be most preferable if you ask me. P.S. will there be additional stalingrad maps, like outskirts of berlin and berlin?

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Well, if they redesign Stalingrad I think one or 2 Stukas should be possible to implent. But I agree, that the map would have to be a lot larger, or pilots are going to have some serious issues...

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

There is simply no room in the current stalingrad for a stuka to turn, but perhaps they could add automated planes like in several other mods to add to the atmosphere?

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Perhaps they could work on a stalingrad where it takes place inside the city and there are some tanks and planes.

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

yea cuz running up the hill and being in red square is kinda odd

29 Infantry

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Ya, also i saw that russian boat(i dont what it is called) that you travel in COD, in the news in FH, but i wonder if that is going to be in the next version.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

the river boats are on several maps including stalingrad, they are also on Breakthrough and on winter map IIRC

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
SputtyPerhaps they could work on a stalingrad where it takes place inside the city and there are some tanks and planes.

My thoughts exactly. Why do we need as much infantry maps anyway, it isn't like infantry plays real smooth in the BF engine. Ok there are some boats to get 0wned in and some artillery..but it's still an infantry map.

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Stalingrad was by and large an infantry battle though. The germans hit the brick wall and turned a corner in the war because their blitzkrieg strategies were useless in a meatgrinder of a city like that. What would be nice to see is another map about Winter Tempest, the last (and failed) attempt by the Manstein's Hoth Panzer Division to break through and relieve the encircled 6th Army. Then you could have some Stukas, a lot more armor, and also some open field combat. Not to mention it would be interesting to play a map where the Axis spawn on both sides of a more concentrated enemy. If you have clue what I'm talking about, this is a good article about the offensive... http://history1900s.about.com/library/prm/bltempestinstalingrad1.htm

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I'd rather see automated or player-controlled Katyushas.