obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

this is the place where you can suggest a map idea to the fh team and tell us your ideas and reasons for this map! :cool:

i suggest adding in operation torch.This is essential because it was Americas first big step into the war with germany.The level from MOH however is wrong it was more like operation overlord where the americans and british stormed the beaches of Africa! heres a link to info about op torch post your ideas now!

Jep

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th July 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

How about a battle of Chinese? 1937~1945. :)

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Muteā„¢

50 XP

28th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Hurtgen Forest Caen Night Bombing of Berlin Sewastopol Leningrad Warsaw Revolt Brittany Hamburg Barbarossa Partisant battles in yugoslavia

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

My map suggestions (I don't pretend they're original):

1. Stalingrad. Yes, we've got one already, but Stalingrad was a huge city. Another battle there, perhaps in a winter environment (end of 1942, beginning of 1943), would be great. Perhaps well-known sites like the Red October factory could show up somewhere too? :)

2. A Saving Private Ryan-Ramelle-like map: a rubble-strewn village in the summer of 1944. Although Ramelle is a fictional village, I am sure there's an historical equivalent.

3. I truely like the Berlin-Reichstag-Brandenburger Tor-suggestion (april 1945; see http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=96270).

4. The Ludendorff bridge at Remagen (March 1945). See http://community.webshots.com/album/66511478ViFBAQ for some present-day pictures.

FH-developers: please don't add more pacific maps and stick to the good old and damn fine European theatre! :D

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

I'd like to see some real life like maps.. Not these fictional fantasy things vanilla BF had. You know bridges after bridges, huge ridges forming weird canyons designed always the best ways thinking of how the player will play them. Battles are always fought on certain areas. No! I'd rather see maps, that play the players instead of maps played by players. The tank commanders didn't create the best possible terrain for them to fight against enemy on before the battle, they planned their tactics for the land they will fight on, not the land for the tactics.

I want maps like BattleGroups Citadel.. HUUUGE fields with few trees and buildings here and there, small hills and stuff with few dozen tanks on both sides.

So my number one wish is operation Citadel.

Second one.. Stalingrad! A really, really big city with nice custom buildings and lots of close infatry combat.

Third.. Berlin. A BIG berlin, not like vanilla BF one showing only one small street of the big city.

MikeO

I post to get attention

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Caen Tilly-Sur-Seulles Villers Bocage

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

How about a GOOD market garden map?

Yeah I know there is Judge Reinhold's Arnhem, but I was thinking more like 'Hell's Highway' from Eindhoven to Nijmegen. Maybe an exclusive map for one of the villages on hell's 'highway', like Nuenen, or Veghel, or Uden or Grave. Or a map for Nijmegen, but it would need british and Americans, don't know if that's possible...

And actually I was thinking of making an operation Torch map, but I haven't started yet. (doesn't mean I will work on it, just mean I might, I've had lots of nice Idea's but I only executed half of them and screwed up the rest...)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

Eastern: Battle of Rzhev 1942 Operation Tifune 1941 (Moscow) Operation Mars 1942 (Vlekije Luki) Operation Zitadelle 1943 (Kursk) Operation Bagration 1944 (Minsk) Operation Uranus (Stalingrad, mainly Rumanian though possibly Italian map) Brest-Litovsk 1941 (one of few places with fierce resistance early in Op. Barbarossa)

Pacific: Singapore Hong Kong (Mainly Canadian?)

Western: Market Garden (Nijmegen, Eindhoven ?)

Poland: Siege of Warszaw 1939 Westerplatte 1939

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

How about a map of the British daylight bombing experiment in Germany? LOTS of Allied bombers, LOTS of German fighters, kind of a Battle of Britain in reverse.

Next, I've got two words for you: Leyte Gulf

Lastly (for now), How about something between the HMS Hood and the Bismark? Only four battleships, and a big, long expanse of water. Might need to redo the targeting and range for the cannons though...

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

Oh, before I forget, I suggest a map of the German artillery bombardment of Stalingrad. 25 inch artillery cannons make for some great sound effects: whistling in mid-flight, impact, and of course, firing. A portion of the city at one end could have buildings capable of collapsing, as a vehicle can be reduced to a charred, black hulk, so should the structures. The purpose of the Russians is to take the guns, the Germans must hold them The Russians start to lose tickets immediately. Just a thought.