fibelsword

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

Well, maybe not surrendering animation. But other animations would undoubtedly be cool - like a thumbs-up pose, or tactical signals.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Anlushac11:rolleyes:

The situation was that a few idiots decided to tk 1/2 the team which resulted in us losing the flags we did have. When we respawned at the train station we found the spawn points had been capped. We were usually spawning to the sight of our body laying on the ground. The most we got was a step or two before dying from a G43 or a MG42 and the Panther parked in overwatch. I didnt even have time to see where the G43 fire was coming from. We tried to get to cover but died horribly. I even got to the shed out at the end with the med locker but a 75mm shell fixed that. Eventually we lost when the guy hiding was found and they killed him then there were no more respawns.

In this situation surrender would have saved time as we lost anyways.

And this was on the Wolf Server early am with about 16 players on Wernheim(sp?).

you could cast a vote for next map (yea i know cold chance in hell). you want an option for the entire team to surrender, which is a much better idea than this cowardice i'm hearing here. It is indeed really stupid when all the points are gone and the one survivor thinks he will win by hiding.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

There are already handsignals fibel. Go into 3rd person cam and use the voice commands.

Pimpy Pete

Fighting on the beaches

50 XP

13th November 2003

0 Uploads

123 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

Hey check this out... http://www.bf42.com/images/potd/386.jpg Now, whatever your opinion on this issue is, this is cool! It would be fun to do. There is no meaning of implementing it, like there is no meaning of showing the enemy the f-finger in Interstate. Like there is no meaning of having that freaking elevator on the carrier. BUT IT'S COOL ANYWAY!

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago
Pimpy PeteHey check this out... http://www.bf42.com/images/potd/386.jpg Now, whatever your opinion on this issue is, this is cool! It would be fun to do. There is no meaning of implementing it, like there is no meaning of showing the enemy the f-finger in Interstate. Like there is no meaning of having that freaking elevator on the carrier. BUT IT'S COOL ANYWAY!

the elevator is on the carrier so planes can be stored underneath the deck without it being overcrowded :rolleyes: The middle finger is there in i82 because i82 has lots of pointless stuff in it. And that 1 weapon spot in the menu could be better spent, along with the time coding it in. Sorry I just don't see any point, nor any fun for it not having a point.

Haha hey after a second look at that potd, the guy in the turret of the m3 grant is alot tinier than the other guys, perspective wise. I know the poster just pasted the tank pic in there, but at least remove the elf in the turret

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

well if there was a point to force someone to surrender, it would be where you have only one life, and the victory would know where the enemy is for a minute or so. Doubt that would be that fun though.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

Reinhold, he's no smaller than the guy standing next to the tank. He's just leaning out on the top of the turret.