crab

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I LOVE the mod. There are a few things I would like to see changed, but dont get me wrong, its great! Suggestions: - Replace the blood spurts with puffs of white. This is both more realistic and makes it look alot better. Perhaps you could add a little blood here and there, but not that much. The current blood spurt in the game seems very out of place to me, and appears to be unequivalent to the quality of the rest of the game. Also, would it be possible to make blood draw from the person you are shooting at, but ONLY when it is recognized by the server that he/she has actually been hit? Its a pain shooting at people and seeing blood draw from them, but no damage to be delt (terrible hit detection in bf1942 >:( ) - Removal of the impact detect crosshair that was added a few patches ago? - At the moment, almost all of the weapons in the game are too accurate. This most especially goes for the rifles. You still have players rifling, and even SMG'ing, others at a distance where, in real life, it would be impossible. Also, running with the rifles doesnt effect your accuracy? There is even adjusting crosshair to your movement speed, but no accuracy change. - When going from stand to prone, remove the ability to be able to shoot in mid air of a dive or in the middle of the stand to prone animation (add a few seconds of inability to shoot). Its pretty rediculous b/c your accuracy with the support/smgs goes from terrible to perfect within a matter of seconds, therefore players exploit this to their advantage. This is the same exact situation DoD was plagued with. - When sitting on the side of tanks, give the players the ability to shoot with their current weapon (support should be very innaccurate) - Make running backwards and, most especially, strafing slower. Theyre a bit too fast at the moment. Picture yourself from a FP perspective running at the speed at which the player runs in the game (fast jog), sideways, without looking where your going and while shooting a gun. You would trip within a few feet. Slow down of strafe will also get rid of that deathmatchy strafe back and forth thing people do which would be impossible with all that gear on, let alone with it off. Its a cheap menuever that doesnt belong in such a good mod. - Make a time interval limit between each jump so people wont constantly bounce back and forth. Its another cheap menuever which should be rid of. - Similar to DOD, perhaps a sprint addition could be added. Its pretty self explanatory with the bar, lowering of the gun.. etc etc. I may add more later, but thats it for now. Express your opinions. One more question: Will the team be adding any major things to make the game more teamplay orientated?

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

A lot of those have already been posted use search!:deal:

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
crab - Removal of the impact detect crosshair that was added a few patches ago?

NO

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

:agreed:

It would suck bigtime

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Mast3rofPuppets:agreed:

It would suck bigtime

he even says this: "(terrible hit detection in bf1942 > ) - Removal of the impact detect crosshair that was added a few patches ago?"

??? does he not see the correlation there?

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

how about SERVER side variable to disable hit detection, oops this is DiCE's fault again

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

it is server side and i have no idea why anyone would want to disable it

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

for the "hardcore" servers. "N.P.S" settings someone called it b4. but Options are good

cat3

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th December 2003

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

crabI LOVE the mod. There are a few things I would like to see changed, but dont get me wrong, its great! Suggestions: - Replace the blood spurts with puffs of white. This is both more realistic and makes it look alot better. Perhaps you could add a little blood here and there, but not that much. The current blood spurt in the game seems very out of place to me, and appears to be unequivalent to the quality of the rest of the game. Also, would it be possible to make blood draw from the person you are shooting at, but ONLY when it is recognized by the server that he/she has actually been hit? Its a pain shooting at people and seeing blood draw from them, but no damage to be delt (terrible hit detection in bf1942 >:( )[/quote]

What makes the blood spurt so unrealistic? Why would "puffs of white" be any better?

[quote=crab]- Make running backwards and, most especially, strafing slower. Theyre a bit too fast at the moment. Picture yourself from a FP perspective running at the speed at which the player runs in the game (fast jog), sideways, without looking where your going and while shooting a gun. You would trip within a few feet. Slow down of strafe will also get rid of that deathmatchy strafe back and forth thing people do which would be impossible with all that gear on, let alone with it off. Its a cheap menuever that doesnt belong in such a good mod.

Maybe you just need to practice running sideways. I don't have any trouble doing it.

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
crab- Replace the blood spurts with puffs of white. This is both more realistic and makes it look alot better. Perhaps you could add a little blood here and there, but not that much. The current blood spurt in the game seems very out of place to me, and appears to be unequivalent to the quality of the rest of the game.

I agree on that. it would be a nice touch. in the beta video on omaha there sems to ba alot of blood, not saying remove all blood, but the white puff would probely look cool........ :nodding: