docdirty

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

A great thing would be to include the German super heavy tank prototype "Maus". I know, a tank with approx. 188 tons, a 150 mm main gun (KwK 44 L/38) and a 75 mm coax gun (KwK 44 L/36,5) sounds a bit ridiculous but it sure would be impressive. 2 Prototypes were actually built (but only one with a working turret).

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Not yet planned

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

whats the sense of adding a tank that even didint fought

but it can be a static obect that the germans have to protect...just like those bunkiers in DC

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Maybe later in something like SW

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
docdirtyA great thing would be to include the German super heavy tank prototype "Maus". I know, a tank with approx. 188 tons, a 150 mm main gun (KwK 44 L/38) and a 75 mm coax gun (KwK 44 L/36,5) sounds a bit ridiculous but it sure would be impressive. 2 Prototypes were actually built (but only one with a working turret).

This is already discussed here:

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=92650

[RnL]Sarge

Resistance aNd Liberation

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

im sorry but no... why implement something that never even saw combat once and only two were ever made.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

didn't a maus fought on the russian front but got destroyed?

[RnL]Sarge

Resistance aNd Liberation

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Lord Of The P!ngsdidn't a maus fought on the russian front but got destroyed?

no... both were still in prototype and were sent to Kummersdorf where they were later destroyed before the russians took the city.

docdirty

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Lord Of The P!ngsdidn't a maus fought on the russian front but got destroyed?

There's a rumour that one of the two prototypes (the one with the finished turret) actually saw combat but there is no proof and it really is nothing more but a rumour. Both prototypes were destroyed by the personal of the Kummersdorf testing grounds before the russians captured them. They took what was left of the two and other parts of follow-up models to build a new one which can be seen in the Kubinka Tank Museum. I've seen photos of this "Maus" and it shows various non-penetrating hits to the frontal armour resulting from russian tests NOT combat. Also I've read about a russian tank commander who claims he has destroyed at least one "Maus" in combat. Well - this is just ridiulous. First of all no russian tank had the power to penetrate the massive armour of this monster (remember, it's 188 tons of steel - the Pz VI King Tiger had 70 tons!!), second it is definitly reported from Kummersdorf testing grounds that only two prototypes were operational for testing, none of the actually for combat (not even the one with the finished turret). I see the point that it doesn't make much sense to spend time on something which has never seen combat - I was just so much impressed by this tank monster since I heard about it first years ago. Anyhow thanks to the fhmod-team for the great work so far.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

No one maus survived the war and is in Russia at Kubinka.