darkdaniel100

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hey Guys, Id love to see the Walrus in the game, Its an aircraft which has not had that much publicity over the years but it would be great if you could add it into forgotten hope Dont know what a walrus is Here some info - The Supermarine Walrus was a catapult-launched, biplane amphibian with pusher propeller, developed from the Seagull. The Prototype desigjnated the Segull V had one 635hp Pegasus IIM2 engine, it was initially built as a private venture, this then became a production model for RAAF. The first production models in 1935 were the Walrus Mk I, redesignated from the Seagull V for service with the RAF and FAA; some fitted with ASV radar. The Walrus was rather rectangular in outline, and did not show that it was built by the same manufacturer as the Spitfire. It was the standard catapult- launched reconnaissance and SAR (Search And Rescue) aircraft for some time. 740 were built between 1936 and 1944.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

No offense but its main use was SAR. Most squadrons transitioned onward to the PBY Catalina, which IIRC will be in game eventually.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003