Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Maybe it would be easier to make a Tank Commander kit & put them in crates near tanks, Like make the german kit Black or something historical, I think the kit should consist of

Slot 1: Knife Slot 2: Luger Slot 3: Binoculars Slot 4: Wrench

The wrench seems a bit out of place but That would be the perfect kit for a Tank Commander & the fairess considering he only gets a luger, U could even remove the luger so that the kit would be useless to someone useless the where a tanker, which in retrospect seems a hell of a lot better & even more fair

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

it's a good idia but the problem is how many are going to use this kit. I think only very few would't use it. most would just pick up a good macinegun so they could stay alive after the tank is blow up. still it's a good idia and would give a good game feeling.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

On top of that most tank crews did have small arms to protect themselves outside of the tank. IIRC German tankers had MP40's in their tanks and US Tankers had the M2 .45cal "grease guns".

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

In the movie The Finnish Winter War one Russian tanker even have a Nagant, but that may be incorrect... Afaik you can't make certain classes have access to certain vehicles?

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

can't we have a novelity to have one? the tank commander is part engineer/officer kit

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Aske88......it's a good idia but the problem is how many are going to use this kit. I think only very few would't use it. most would just pick up a good macinegun so they could stay alive after the tank is blow up. still it's a good idia and would give a good game feeling.

I'd take it, if I expected to get into a vehicle afterwards. The advantage of having a kit is that you wouldn;'t have the problem of spawning as a tanker, find out there were no vehicles, and have a choice between hanging around the base waiting for something to show up, or running out into battle with a weak infantry kit.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I like, I would like this more though... [ MP40, wrench ]. Nothing to special, no excess stuff like nades or knives or sidearms, just the MP and a wrench. That way when your tank starts to flame you can hop out and not try to beat someone with the wrench, lol. Good Idea, I like it. but like someone said...can we get certain kits to acces vehicles?

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
StrangerThanFiction The advantage of having a kit is that you wouldn;'t have the problem of spawning as a tanker, find out there were no vehicles, and have a choice between hanging around the base waiting for something to show up, or running out into battle with a weak infantry kit.

I never said i anything about spawning as a tanker, I just said that if you have a choice betwen a tanker kit with a luger or the mp40 or a other weapon I think most would take an other weapon.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I don't like the idea.. I don't like the "wrench" thing anyhow. I just hate it how Tigers camp enemy bases, and when they get hit they'll just hop out and repair it, start camping again. The wrench is unrealistic and stupid. Which brings down the idea of having tanker kits at all. I would put in repair vehicles instead of the wrench.

Besides, most of the time your tank blows up with one or two shots anyway.. so theres little time to repair (or imagine repairing tanks after being fausted). The engineer class should have the explosives and mines, but no wrench either. Oh, my tanks has been hit by a Tiger, I'll just hop out and repair it with a tiny wrench.. I would just take the officer class if I want binoculars.. although I doubt that I would get out to take a look with it..

I prefer the other suggestion, the additional position in tanks (the "commander" position) which puts you in a binocular view, to scout for tanks and infantry, and other threats.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
D-fenceIn the movie The Finnish Winter War one Russian tanker even have a Nagant, but that may be incorrect... Afaik you can't make certain classes have access to certain vehicles?

I believe you can, but I could be wrong. I like the idea only because I think a nice tanker skin would be cool :D