50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#31 14 years ago

@ The guys who think Artillery should lose the two man crew:

No, no, no!

This was one of the few things DICE did right, because it prevents people using them as assault guns.

Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#32 14 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']@ The guys who think Artillery should lose the two man crew: No, no, no! This was one of the few things DICE did right, because it prevents people using them as assault guns.

No. The vehicles would lose their two-man crew, but they'd still have two seats. You'd still have to switch seats in order to fire. That'd prevent them from being used as assault guns, but would also allow the gunner to do his task in peace without the fear of some n00b stealing the vehicle for taxiing.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#33 14 years ago

That sounds impossible. Having two seats will allow two people in them.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#34 14 years ago

make it so that the Gun place is the entering point thne it will work ..

SacredLizard

Its cupnoodles not cuponoodles

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

918 Posts

0 Threads

#35 14 years ago

What about a way to immobilize the sp gun controlled by the gunner? I was using the deployable '88 and some guy got in and tried to drive away with me still using it, but he didn't know how to fold up the legs of the gun, so he just left. I suppose this might be possible if you could deploy some sort of foot or something that might stop the gun from moving. If the gunner controlled this, then there would be no worries about the vehicle suddenly taking off and driving into a ravine or something. Whatever. I totally agree that getting rid of the two-man thing would be a mistake.

Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#36 14 years ago

I have always been against this suggestion for the simple reason; communication.

No matter which way you shake it, there is no way on a public server to coordinate between two people. The function keys you can discount because you'll simply have overlapping calls of "enemy armour spotted". Then you would have to take the time to type in the direction and bearing of the enemy tank.

Using teamspeak would work, but only if you and your co-crewmember were on a private channel, otherwise you'd have numerous people talking simultaneously. Plus you'd have to sit around and wait for a specific person to co-crew your tank.

Personally, I think having a tank driven and gunned by a single person is in fact the most realistic representation of WW2 currently capable on a pc. A well trained crew thought and fought like one. A tank commander would yell out a command and the crew would react without hesitation. Whether turning (often just stepping on the drivers shoulders would tell him the direction to turn) or firing. I can only imagine trying to coordinate with joe public!

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#37 14 years ago

They did this with another mod, lets just say no one plays it now...