el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Someone mentioned a while back that it'd be cool to have the exit point on a tank on top of the turret, so that when a tank gets hit and the driver/crew pile out, you see them spilling out the top into waiting gunfire.

Why not have the entry point on top as well?

There would be issues in that it's hard to get on top of a tank as it is (can the 'jump height' be raised a little bit?), but I think it's a damn sight more realistic than standing next to it then teleporting to the driver's seat. It also means that you're exposed if you try to comandeer a tank in the midst of a firefight.

Its also a step towards preventing one of my less favourite tactics (but great against noobs); leap out, threaten tank with AT weapon, watch driver bail, leap into tank, drive off.

And it also means that you know who's getting into a tank; because as you run towards it you see someone climbing up to get in. It makes the driver more responsible for the people riding with them, as they have to stop and let them jump on up.

Thoughts on this?

Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I love this idea! I don't know about the whole entry part (or if that's even possible), but I would really like for the tanker to exit from the top... that wouldn't be too hard to do

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

If the entry point was also on the top that would suck. It is hard enough getting into the tanks as a machine gunner, putting the entry point on top of the tank would be silly.

Now the exit point on top, sure, that would be cool.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

What's so hard about getting into the MG position currently? I've never had any problems.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I think in 1.6 they are fixing the bug where you can get into vehicles through walls... Maybe they will introduce some new "entry/exit" code. And yeah, make the entries on top is gonna be much more realistic and will improve gameplay. Tough? Of course it is! Do you think you could just hop into a tank from a meter away from it?

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

What'd be kinda nice is that if you're in a tank and an enemy somehow /manages/ to get on top - I think they should be able to 'press E' and enter the tank, killing the people inside and comandeering it (it replicates dropping a 'nade in). That means that tank commanders learn not only fear AT inf, but any infantry.

Probably an SDK thing.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

what about bots? they are to stupid to jump ontop of the tank and enter. You would need to write a whole new bod script. Well bots suck anyway.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
el banditoWhat'd be kinda nice is that if you're in a tank and an enemy somehow /manages/ to get on top - I think they should be able to 'press E' and enter the tank, killing the people inside and comandeering it (it replicates dropping a 'nade in). That means that tank commanders learn not only fear AT inf, but any infantry. Probably an SDK thing.

I am sure a tank is gonna drive around with it's hatch open :rolleyes:

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']I am sure a tank is gonna drive around with it's hatch open :rolleyes:

Noobs are stupid creatures :D

Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Don't start slaughtering this suggestion, I like the plain and simple "Exit on the top" idea :P ... that's all