el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Someone mentioned a while back that having the exit point on a tank on the top would be a good idea; and I agree.

But I'd like to see the entry point on top as well. This means that you actually have to climb on the tank to get into it - no more of this unrealistic 'stand next to and disappear inside' thing (and would also prevent the 'suck-through-wall-into-vehicle' exploit).

Then, imagine the fun you could have?

Say set it up so that if some enemy gets on top of your tank and tries to enter, it kills you and they can take it over! :) This replicates the 'popping-the-hatch-and-dropping-in-the-nade' trick. This means that tankers would have to be uber-observant and ensure that inf are nowhere near them if they stop for any reason.

Thoughts?

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I like it yet i dont like the Enemy jumps on top and kills you idea, cause then you have people jumping out of planes or whatever and then jumping onto an unexpected driver and taking the tank and whole new world of people complaining starts...otherwise i like it

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Hatches are LOCKABLE.

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Alright, but i doubt that they will put this in

Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

more fun would be someone jumps in front to be a driver (operates hull mg), and other one jumps on top to be the gunner (and loader), and another one for the top MG

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

el banditoSomeone mentioned a while back that having the exit point on a tank on the top would be a good idea; and I agree.

But I'd like to see the entry point on top as well. This means that you actually have to climb on the tank to get into it - no more of this unrealistic 'stand next to and disappear inside' thing (and would also prevent the 'suck-through-wall-into-vehicle' exploit).

Then, imagine the fun you could have?

Say set it up so that if some enemy gets on top of your tank and tries to enter, it kills you and they can take it over! :) This replicates the 'popping-the-hatch-and-dropping-in-the-nade' trick. This means that tankers would have to be uber-observant and ensure that inf are nowhere near them if they stop for any reason.

Thoughts?

That's one kick ass idea, you could close the hatch with the up/down arrows but if it's closed you cant get out (man this only sounds better and better ;))

will never happen though :(

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

First they would have to remodel tanks so you can jump on all of them. Its hard to jump on certain tanks.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

It was me with the suggestion of the position thing.. and the additions I hear sound excellent I tell ya. Lockable hatches, controllable with up and down keys.. you need to close the hatch when you enter, if you don't want a nade in the tank.. and open it again when you're hit badly.

However... the tanks from BF are built of flat "walls", and there isn't really anything inside. Heck, the driver disappears when he enters the tank, and merges into the object. Only "new" positions like the inside gunner position prevents the soldier from merging with the tank, and offcourse the original second position. This would require a major remodel operation. I have this screenie from one time when I got stuck in a PanzerIVH, and the driver couldn't get rid of me. This is how the tank looks from the inside:

bug.jpg

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

maybe the tanks should have open hatches when nobody is in them

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

silent heroes has tank exit points on the turrets (fur the gunners anyways) and the Stug3g has it. All tanks need it imho, it just adds a little more realism when you have to scamper off of your flaming tank before it blows up.

Entry points I could care less about.