Canadian Biatch

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

If u want this to be more realistic make tanks like the firefly and t34/85 able to kill the tiger with 2 hits frontaly .

The firefly with its 17pd gun could penetrate the armor of the tiger tank at around 800 meters. and make it kill the pnz4 with 1 hit.

Tiger G.I.Joe

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Canadian BiatchIf u want this to be more realistic make tanks like the firefly and t34/85 able to kill the tiger with 2 hits frontaly .

The firefly with its 17pd gun could penetrate the armor of the tiger tank at around 800 meters. and make it kill the pnz4 with 1 hit.

So FH will become another Point and click tankgame like XWWII. Try XWWII mod on battle of bulge map and look how many ridicolous are ponit-and-click tank battle.

Canadian Biatch

50 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
Tiger G.I.JoeSo FH will become another Point and click tankgame like XWWII. Try XWWII mod on battle of bulge map and look how many ridicolous are ponit-and-click tank battle.

Isnt it already like that look at the tiger it kills averything in 2 hits max and im not talking about all tanks only a few tiger,firefly and kv-2(When the soviets get it) playing german gets boring when u play with the tiger or pnz4 .

ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

IMO the Tiger either shouldn't be nearly as tough/powerful as it is or other tanks (Firefly, KV-2) should be powerful enough it stop it.

Plata

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

They are, look at the Sherman105mm it can kill a tiger with 2 shots.

scion

I post to get attention

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I havnt noticed anything wrong with the firepower from tanks, just the Panzer IV H has too much armour (This was reported in the Bug Forum)

hemaworst

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

15th May 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

i think it sucks when a tank kills another tank in one shot.

Spike1942

Work in progress

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I think the XWWII version of tank combat is more realistic.

Real tanks had sophisticated optical sights, so you could dial in the range based on the size of the target, and the gun would be elevated accordingly, not like the simple crosshair in BF1942 where you just have to guess.

In XWWII victory usually goes to the tank that gets the first shot in. So tanks have to pick good ambush positions where the enemy can't see them easily, advance cautiously, and learn to fire accurately at long range, where you can hardly see the target due to fog.

I've found XWWII encourages you to learn really good tank tactics, since just going in head on is suicide.

Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Spike1942I think the XWWII version of tank combat is more realistic.

Real tanks had sophisticated optical sights, so you could dial in the range based on the size of the target, and the gun would be elevated accordingly, not like the simple crosshair in BF1942 where you just have to guess.

In XWWII victory usually goes to the tank that gets the first shot in. So tanks have to pick good ambush positions where the enemy can't see them easily, advance cautiously, and learn to fire accurately at long range, where you can hardly see the target due to fog.

I've found XWWII encourages you to learn really good tank tactics, since just going in head on is suicide.

someone who knows his things. About what oppinions are, it doesnt mather. If in WWII one-shot-kills where possible, then it is in FH. And as far as my knowlidge reaches, IT IS possible. And bout the Tiger tank inpenetreble, its right. It should almost be impossible for most tanks to destroy Tigers, especially from the front. In WWII, the crueman of shermans where told to AVOID direct combat with Tiger tanks. Because winning changes where that slim. Most Tigers where destroyed by airrades of highly powerfull AT guns, not by in tankduels.

FuXu

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Spike1942I think the XWWII version of tank combat is more realistic.

i agree with this guy i think the FH mod is just a Semi-Realism Mod