MajorTom

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#61 16 years ago
Major HartmannThose values are 100% correctly. You can ALWAYS fire farther than you can see in a Sherman. Same for the speeds.

Thats reassuring information. It would be nice if these BF metres and how real life data was aplied to BF world would be explained in short somewhere.

I just love how the balance of tanks change in this mod in different times. In Kharkov T34 is the king and PzIV is a slow moving death trap. Then comes the Tiger and time to hide for T34. In that winter 1943 map russians can be stopped with two tigers in one hill. That would change if we could get more punch on those 85mm:s.

Would somebody write to my girl friend and explain *why* I have to stay with the computer until 02 oclock in the morning. ;)

Addicting mod.

Thank you.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#62 16 years ago

MajorTomThats reassuring information. It would be nice if these BF metres and how real life data was aplied to BF world would be explained in short somewhere.

I just love how the balance of tanks change in this mod in different times. In Kharkov T34 is the king and PzIV is a slow moving death trap. Then comes the Tiger and time to hide for T34. In that winter 1943 map russians can be stopped with two tigers in one hill. That would change if we could get more punch on those 85mm:s.

Would somebody write to my girl friend and explain *why* I have to stay with the computer until 02 oclock in the morning. ;)

Addicting mod.

Thank you.

BF meters are shorter than you think. The Panzerfaust 100 is able to reach exactly 100BF meters.

The Spitfire has a speed of 70m/s...

Titmouse69

well f*ckadoodledoo!

50 XP

5th February 2003

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#63 16 years ago

while 1 hit one kill seems harsh, is closer to reality than standard bf1942. the germans DID have the best armour in the war - no questions, but aliies simply outbuilt them - why not offset the germans superiority in armour with MORE allied armour? is what actually happened anyway. so how about say, 2 shermans per 1 tiger etc....

knipple

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#64 16 years ago

I think in order to balance out the tiger the dev team should add either the M26 Pershing or the M18 Hellcat. The M26 had a 90mm Long barreled gun and slightly thicker frontal armor but slightly thinner armor to the sides and back. The M18 couldn't take any hits but generally was feared by the german army for its astounding speed. In road tests, the M18 Hellcat attained a speed of 75 mph! This would give the western allies something to use against the tiger.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#65 16 years ago

The problem is that the US/UK had bugger all that could destroy a Tiger in a fair fight, for some reason they made all their tanks with paper thin armour :D flanking is the only option!

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#66 16 years ago

Canadian BiatchWrong the tiger was a prewar design (Lots of armor with no slope armor)

The panther was made to opose the t-34

ALSO :you are right russians should have some heavy tanks

Eehh no the tiger was a in war design.

Quote from Actungpanzer.com: On May 26th of 1941, during the meeting concerning the development of new weaponry, Adolf Hitler ordered both Dr.Porsche and Henschel to supply their designs for a heavy tank, which was to be ready in the summer of 1942. Krupp was in charge of supplying main armament and producing turrets for designs by both Henschel and Porsche. The project was known as the "Tigerprogram".

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#67 16 years ago

MajorTomFew more things about tanks.

Speed.

Tiger and Pz4 seem to be very slow. They were slower than T34, but not so slow.

Sherman 75mm and PzIV 75L24 trajectory is very high. They had slow muzzle velocity, but the shell did not fly like a basketball. With a Sherman in some situations you can not fire to the maximun view distance.

The tiger is slightly faster than it should acctually. But not by much.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#68 16 years ago

The Tiger by Henschel was based on a prewardesign, while the Tiger by Porsche was pretty much a T34.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#69 16 years ago
'[UGBBrewster']The problem is that the US/UK had bugger all that could destroy a Tiger in a fair fight, for some reason they made all their tanks with paper thin armour :D flanking is the only option!

Bingo!

Besides most of those did not show up until 1944.