seveni

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

One of the things that have annoyed me (and prolly many others) since the launch of BF1942 has been the fact the the battlefield is a quiet place.

The tanks at WW2 emitted a monstruous roar which could be heard over great distances. I bet you can hear a.50 cal machine sound over 300m away - even if you didn't see it. And how about explosions? Grenades and artillery should be heard all over the battefield. I have zero idea how to implement a greater sound range, but I guess there has to be some kinda parameters for the sound radius. Multiply it by 10 and let's see what happens :)

If the result is a chaotic soundstorm, you've achieved the goal. The battlefield should be no place to chitchat with ur friends, it's a war out there and we want to hear it! I'd even give up some of the sound quality to achieve better immersion of a bloody battle, in case you devs run out of sound channels.

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I want more and louder sounds too!!! But that would probably lagg like hell...

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

It would lag you so much that you would rather be stuck in syrup.

GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Isnt it possible to do something like in DoD and have gun sounds constantly in the background? Like just have a .wav file that loops or something. Just to make sure theres always some background noise.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

The first version of FH had those, but they were removed due to lag.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

background gunfire is bad. background gunfire should actaully come from players firing their weapons.