Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

After thinking about it, it became quite simple.

The purpose of a sniper, in battlefield 1942, is to remain hidden, take out individual infantry or MG emplacements (AA guns sometimes) and to call for artillery and scout for their team. Their weapon, the Sniper Rifle, currently has some crazy scope movement when the soldier is completely still.

Why is this bad, you ask? Well it does have it's merits, like preventing ownage. On the other hand, why should it be harder for a sniper to hit a STATIONARY target then a MOVING target? If you move your mouse, the scope dosen't sway. Only when you are completely still does it sway.

Here's what I suggest. Remove scope sway 100% for snipers. Just get rid of it, because it is counterdictive to what a sniper's goals should be. Instead of scope sway, make moving the mouse even a small bit result in a small amount of innacuracy, which would make it harder for snipers to hit moving targets.

Stationary targets are much easier to hit then moving ones, that is a fact for any weapon anywhere. The scope sway moves the screen but NOT the crosshair position which makes hitting a far-away stationary target (which is the sole PURPOSE of a sniper) very difficult. So team, get rid of scope-sway so snipers can do what they were meant to?

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

the scope sway is a very real thing while using scoped wepons, your soldger would breath, and the tiny muscle movements would cause this. to remove it would be counter productive to a Realism mod. i do like the adding the cross hair in accuracy while moving though. would be a little nice, although most have problems hitting moving targets anyway

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I cant tell if the xhairs expand when you move the rifle, but I expect they do (they do with unscoped rifles). as for the sway, (havnt played .5 forever, and hardy ever used a sniper rifle) it goes away compleatly when youre prone (and to an extent when crouched) It's only heavily present when standing. The new sniper rifles are fun to use, especially the g43.

cat3

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th December 2003

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
McGibsI cant tell if the xhairs expand when you move the rifle, but I expect they do (they do with unscoped rifles).

Sniper rifles are 100% accurate when not sighting through the scope, even on the move.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yeah, a Dry Erase marker puts a dot on your screen and it's Unreal Tournament Time! Good that the sway is gone when prone.

Tsuruchi Brian

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I think they should just treat accuracy in sniper rifles the same way they treat accuracy of all other weapons in the game. Just use the cross hair size to symbolize the accuracy at any given point. So like when you are moving your sniper rifle, your accuracy would decrease and when you hold it still, your accuracy will gradually increase. obviously you want to see your sniper scope crosshairs rather than a normal moving BF crosshair.....so just put an accuracy meter in the corner somewhere where it's black anyways.